What battery grip for D60?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Hovmod, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    I'm going for a long walk with potential exotic wildlife encounters, and do NOT want the battery to run out like it did when I was in the Singapore botanic gardens the other day.

So I thought I'd get a battery grip, to add a bit of MEAT to the body as well as vastly improve the battery capacity.

Which one(s) do you guys recommend?

2. stringbean98

stringbean98

Jul 8, 2008
    NYC
  3. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    Bean, that one is made by Targus, not Tamron. Not trying to be a nit.

4. gunfighter48

gunfighter48 Guest

D60 Battery Grip

I bought the Opteka battery grip for my D60. It's a very well made grip and comes with two 1200ma EL-9 batteries. The price was $99.00 plus shipping from 47th St. Photo. The transaction went very smoothly and it was shipped promptly. This was my first purchase from 47th St. Photo. The batteries charge just fine with the charger from the D60 kit.

The grip is very well made out of a thick plastic. Very solid feeling and it has a IR light/shutter button for vertical pictures. But it requires the camera to be set on IR remote, not something I'll be using but that's just me. You have to take the battery door off the camera but it's really easy to do without damaging the door. Open the door and twist slightly to the right or left and it will pop right off. There is a place on the part of the grip that fits in the battery well to store the door in case you want to reinstall it later on. It screws on to the tripod socket and mine fit very tightly with not gaps or wobble. There is a tripod socket in the bottom of the grip so you can mount it to you tripod. That's all there is to installation.

It uses either the two EL-9 batteries or 6 AA batteries. With the 2650 ma AA batteries on the market that should give some loooooong battery life. I figure with the two EL-9 batteries I should get 2000 - 3000 shots before I need to recharge the batteries. It adds extra weight and length to the bottom of the D60 which makes it easier for my large hands to hold the camera. It also helps with the balance for heavier lenses.

I am very pleased with mine and it was well worth the $99.00 price.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.