1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What camera bag should I get?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Audi_RS4, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Audi_RS4

Audi_RS4

Jul 12, 2008
    Earth
    I need to fit the following in:

a D40x body (and a D90 body in the future that will replace the D40x body), a 16-85 VR lens, a 70-300 VR lens and in the near future a Sigma 10-20 and in the distant future maybe some more lenses.

Also, a 15.4 inch laptop.

Also, I need room for personal stuff, books/magazines, chargers, ipod, psp, bottle of water, snacks, torch etc.

I need it to be both a camera bag and a travel bag for my coming trip to Europe.

What would you recommend?

2. Go look at Lowepro, Tamarac on their websites, there are others but these should fit your needs. They have a long list of bags. I have an old Domke F2 which I pack in a D300 a Sig 24-60 2.8, 50 1.4 a couple of SB 800s, a 1.4 sig tele, a macro, and various other equipment, and just take the 70-200 2.8 Sig along on my shoulder in it's case. If your list gets any longer I would look at Ford And Chevy:smile:
    Tim

3. AEDigman

AEDigman

Jan 23, 2007
    West Virginia
    Can't recommend a specific brand, but I have an off brand backpack (needs to be replaced), but I find this style to work well for me. Lots of storage for stuff and keeps my hands free for shooting.

4. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    Well, a bag good for camera gear plus computer plus a bunch of stuff isn't going to be the best choice for a camera bag. For the everything and then some list you have, one of the ThinkTank bags may be best. For the best camera bag for just your camera gear Domke has to be on the list. They're made in the USA as a bonus.

5. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. baeken

baeken

Jun 24, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    i'm definitely partial to Lowepro...Especially since they sell them at costco! you can buy it and if u don't like it.....return it!

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
  8. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    Crumpler!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.