What Camera Gear Do You Hope Santa Brings You?

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
This "lock down" and "stay at home" has taken the air out of shooting, for me.
The only thing on my list is a Tamron 17-50/2.8, but I'm not excited about that, so it may not be under the tree.

So I've been stuck at home reading. A new Kindle e-reader is going under the tree.
E-Reader for winter sounds perfect!

For me, the winter months mean shooting indoors, and that involves tabletop photography with my macro lenses and finding interesting things to shoot in an interesting and different way. When the Pandemic began we were just heading into spring, but thankfully were not forbidden to leave our homes and I was able to walk around my neighborhood and shoot spring flowers and later the waterfowl around the lake..... Now we're back in wintertime and cold weather so I'm turning my attention once more to more indoor shooting. it can be challenging coming up with a new idea time after time, as it's not as easy as walking around outdoors and a bird or flower or something else interesting suddenly is right there, available for the shooting. Wintertime and indoor shooting, of necessity, gets the creative juices stirring....

JLH

I had a 70-300 FX P lens on my list and Santa found me a refurb from Nikon during one of their recent sales with an additional 20% off. I couldn't resist. I also got some rockynook books on CLS system/flash and another on the Nikon Auto focus system so I could brush up on skills during these cold winter days. (always good to take time and go back and review unused skills from time to time!)

This "lock down" and "stay at home" has taken the air out of shooting, for me.
The only thing on my list is a Tamron 17-50/2.8, but I'm not excited about that, so it may not be under the tree.

So I've been stuck at home reading. A new Kindle e-reader is going under the tree.
I keep a Polaroid and 35mm camera in my car at all times for some spontaneous on the spot shooting.

I keep a Polaroid and 35mm camera in my car at all times for some spontaneous on the spot shooting.

Indeed, I wish Santa would bring me some common sense about doing the same. When I was running errands today, I came upon a construction scene where one crane was maneuvering part of another crane down onto the sidewalk. As if that wouldn't have made a good enough photo, there were about six people standing on the very end of the crane way up above the ground where they had separated the lowered part of the crane from the remaining part still intact.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Santa came early this year for me in regards to photo equipment: Canon R5 and a new I9 based Dell laptop. I just have to much stuff as it is and will be thinking of selling some of it next year (so I'm ready for more new stuff when I feel like it (?))

What I'm hoping for from Santa is that my 87 year old father in-law is getting his vaccine as early as possible in the new year, we would very much like to have him around as long and have him enjoy his time left as much as possible with his family.

Real Name
Ken St John
Camera wise, I'm well satisfied right now. I'm still resisting the whole "mirrorless" thing quite well!! Over the past year, I have tried a couple of lenses through the Canon Pro Services ... and have yet to find one that makes me want to spend any additional money!! What I have is meeting my needs perfectly!!

I would like some better weather and time to get out more. The combination of the "blah" rainy season and COVID is getting a bit depressing.

I did upgrade my Mac, and a new monitor arrived ... the MacBook Air was a "gift" from Santa that was approved by my wonderful wife!!

Merry Christmas, y'all!!

Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom