1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What camera+lens for your spouse: D40 + 70-300vr

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Randy, Jul 30, 2009.

1. my wife got these shots at the aligator farm in May
    I set the camera on AP f6.3, iso800 and let her go. She has a great eye and just walked around using the camera as a P&S. (maybe this is the answer to the price increases:smile:) 

D40 + 70-300vr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Please pass along my compliments to your wife and your D40/70-300 Randy.
    Nice shots, she does have a photographic eye.

3. Well done!!

4. Weston

Weston

Dec 29, 2008
    Springfield, OR
    Great! I like the last one best.

5. JakeEbersole

JakeEbersole

Mar 11, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jake Ebersole
    The D40 is an amazing camera and your wife is an amazing photographer. Tell her I said great job.

6. andyman_1970

andyman_1970

Apr 2, 2008
    Arkansas
    Fantastic shots Randy your better half did a great job. When my Bride gets let loose with out D40 she routinely comes back with some awesome images.........there's something to be said for a wife with a good eye for photography.........:Love:

7. RainyDays

RainyDays

Aug 19, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Great shots! I like #3 and #4 best!

8. Flynn

Flynn

Jun 28, 2009
    Livermore, CA
    Very cool shots.

Would love to sell my D40 to generate some $ for a new lens, but my wife won't let me :( 

Kinda sad that they discontinued it today. Dont think the D3000 will be that much better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.