What can I get for this

Likely going FX today and can't afford to keep both dx and fx so will be selling off my dx stuff. I have one thing I have no idea how to price.
The week I got my 10.5 fisheye someone hit my tripod and it fell over. It damaged the lens as you can see in the pic below.
The lens works perfectly and I have seen no impact on photos. The surface of the glass is still mint but from impact there is that bubble crack inside. It has not spread since.

Is 300$ a reasonable price?

5687466940_c6df6ca5b0_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Half price seems steep if IQ is unaffected...but then again..I'm not keen on the idea of a chipped lens.

I'm afraid that the chance of alignment slipping in the future would make me pass on it for just about any price. You just couldn't depend on a lens in that condition. Something like that, even if the lens is currently working properly, means that it's scrap for parts only.

Hi,

might be a hard sell at any price. The cost of replacing the front lens and damaged plastic parts could well exceed new lens price. Just collect your insurance and write it off.

The positive thing is that since the lens is not cosmetically perfect anymore, you can saw off the remaining hood without hesitation and get yourself a nice circular fisheye for FX. It is a win-win. The only other circular FE available for FX at the moment is a Sigma 8mm at about $900.

Consult Gregory's posts (username: Nikkor AIS) in this forum for excellent samples with the discontinued and expensive Nikkor 8mm f/2.8 circular FE.

Likely going FX today and can't afford to keep both dx and fx so will be selling off my dx stuff. I have one thing I have no idea how to price.
The week I got my 10.5 fisheye someone hit my tripod and it fell over. It damaged the lens as you can see in the pic below.
The lens works perfectly and I have seen no impact on photos. The surface of the glass is still mint but from impact there is that bubble crack inside. It has not spread since.

Is 300$ a reasonable price?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5105/5687466940_c6df6ca5b0_z.jpg

Ouch!!! That makes me sick to my stomach. It's going to be a hard sell.

This is a perfect lens for ebay, with full disclosure of course. Likely have a hard time selling it otherwise.

Latest threads

Top Bottom