What can you Tell me about this?

Franka Bonafix .Can anyone tell me about this camera if its worth a flip, I dont have any 120 film at the time to run through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What condition is it in? All I can say is "Try it." It sounds like a cool camera. You might be pleasantly surprised. If it turns out to be a dud, you haven't lost that much.

Real Name
Chris
It is probably well worth the $5 you paid for it. Take a look at Camerapedia to get a sense of the history of the Franka folders. The Bonafix was their top of the line, but the f/7.7 lens was a slower one from their Rolfix line. Frankencameras are usually less valued by collectors, so it's best to get some 120 film, and shoot in bright light, rather than try to flip it for profit. The 6x9 negatives should be impressive!

ps, I have a 6x9 folder, and it has, by far the biggest negative area to carrying size ratio of any camera I own! It too is daylight only, by virtue of it's f/6.3 lens. Unless I use delta 3200, which on a 6x9 negative is virtually grainless!

Any pictures of the camera? Your camera is a pre World War 2 model (@1938) 6X9 folder. You can aslo shoot 6x4.5 with a mask. The Velostigmat 1:7,7/105mm was made by Wollensak U.S.A. Does your Singlo shutter have 1/25, 1/75 with T, B? Earlier versions had T(ime), B(ulb) and I(nstant) mode.

As Michael and Chris suggested, get some 120 fim and give it a whirl.

Ray I will try to post pics when I get a chance I have been called in to help with the clean up efforts here in Alabama.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, that is newer then the one you initially described. This camera would be from 1951, with Schneider-Kreuznach Radionar 1:4.5 / 105 in Pronto-Shutter. Good luck.

I would have gone as high as 7 or 8 bucks :)

Seriously, that's a great looking folder. Looks to be in very nice shape. You got your money's worth.

Thinking about running some porta thru it,just to see what kind of colors it gives.Bill Im glad all you lost was a few trees.

Thanks, Mark, will be a total of 8 trees, just found another pecan on the back 40 that will have to be pulled down.

Looking forward to those Portra pix, how do you like 6x9?

I like the 6x9 so far the camera also does 6x6. THe only thing I see as a down side is that you will go through some chemicals.

Mark, there are other developers besides D-76, and even that you can homebrew to save money. Suggest you try Kodak HC-110 and Diafine.

Can you send your color 120 through Walmart where you are? I still shake my
head that I can get 120 developed for 84c (yes, wait 2 weeks to get it back)
and it costs $5.39 to process 35mm color negative film, now that Walmart has
quit developing in-house.

Mark, there are other developers besides D-76, and even that you can homebrew to save money. Suggest you try Kodak HC-110 and Diafine.

Can you send your color 120 through Walmart where you are? I still shake my
head that I can get 120 developed for 84c (yes, wait 2 weeks to get it back)
and it costs $5.39 to process 35mm color negative film, now that Walmart has
quit developing in-house.

Bill Im not sure if my Walmart will or not.The next roll of b&w I run through this Im going to try some HC110 and see how it does.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom