What Color Temp on CRTs?

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by jfenton, Apr 15, 2007.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I'm trying 6000 for the first time and I suppose I'm just not used to it but it sure as heck looks different!

It is set to a 2.2 gamma and a luminance of 90.

Yes...I looked at Iliah's test chart from a while back and all looks good with that.

Tomorrow I'll do some printing and see how it compares...or I'll see how many people laugh at some images I'll post but I'm just curious.....what K do you use?

2. afx

afx

Jan 16, 2006
    Munich, Germany
    6500K. Fits my light bulb ;-)

cheers
    afx

3. 6500. Check with Iliah.

Rich

4. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    If I Ask Iliah Anything Else

I'll most likely end up getting invoiced :)

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Jim, I gather that you must do alot of networking with Iliah...same for me, but with many who frequent the Sports Forum. It is so nice to have generous forum mates to network with so we can improve in our photographical passions. I wish that I could answer your question about what temp I use...honestly, I have plenty of other hurdles to jump before I can even figure exact WB issues out.