What do I need to get my AB's to trigger in hyper sync?

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by BrendaC, Oct 11, 2017.

1. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Is it even possible? Hi, I am wanting my AB's to trigger at high shutter speeds. I have Yongnuo triggers 622NII and the 603N and I'm shooting with a D700. I can't get past ss of 160 with the 622's, from what I've been trying to research I think that's because of the camera? I tried to slave the AB with an on camera SB 600 but it wouldn't flash after ss of 320. Is there something that I already have that I can use or do I need to get something different? I did watch a video, he plugged an optical slave into the light but isn't that already built in to the AB? Please help! Thank you!

2. Ann_JS

Ann_JS

Feb 18, 2015
    New York State
    Studio flash units need to have a very long peak if they are to work with Hyper Sync.
    My Bowens/Calumet/Bogen units have it but I have never worked with ABs so I don't know if they have that necessary long peak.
    You also need to program your YN transmitter to have the appropriate delay for Hyper Syncing to work so that the shutter opening and the flash happen in sync with each other.

Pocket Wizards are not needed: the YN 622-n TX takes their place.

This PDF may help:

Attached Files: