what do u think about this shot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bosslady, May 5, 2007.

1. Bosslady

Bosslady

Jul 3, 2006
    South Arkansas
    I was taking this pic of a friend. So I decided to play with it in photoshop.

DSC_006213wlogo1.

2. That's unbelieveable. Nice work!!

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Elizabeth,

I really like this shot! Super fun work in PS. for sure something different, as you can tell by my page I love abstracts like this:

http://homepage.mac.com/wadedowdy/photoart/PhotoAlbum39.html

I think you did an excellent job capturing the essence of the image, and the subtle colors and lines and composition make for a stunning original abstract image.

My only thought would be to maybe take the midrange slider down a bit in PS and maybe adjust the black slider up to around 5, midrange down to .8 or .85

this helps reduce the noise in the background from your processing and gives a more "pure" black background without removing to much data. I also tried a softening or blur to ease the jaggies around the edges of the colors which would help with large prints.

I don't want to offend you by posting an example and steal your thread but you can check your PM to see a link for my suggestions on this superb work. A nice outside of the box shot!

Cheers,

Wade

4. Bosslady

Bosslady

Jul 3, 2006
    South Arkansas
    Thanks Wade. I will play with that. Mainly what I know in photoshop I learned by trial and error...lots of error. I did enjoy what you did with the image. I appreciate that. This was my first posting of one of my shots. I don't offend easy, and I did appreciate you taking the time to work on one of my shots.

5. robthorn

robthorn Guest

pretty cool shot.

6. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    I don't know weather I'm still half asleep or just my Brain is @ 9:50 A.M. this Sunday morning, but it seemed to take a second or two to figure out the image. Once I "Woke" up I can say I find it very unique and like it a lot. Keep on posting, now I'll go back to :846: - Jeff

7. Guest-002

Guest-002 Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Nice. Were you using Edge filter?

8. That's mesmerizing....

9. Very interesting and captivating. Keep posting!

10. very creative, a perfect treatment for that image

11. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Extraordinary -- it's almost hypnotic.

12. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Cool. Took me a minute to 'see' it.

13. Bosslady

Bosslady

Jul 3, 2006
    South Arkansas
    i used the glowing edges filter.

Thank you all for the great compliments.

14. Not my cup of tea but I kinda sorta like it. This process has a lot of possibilities