what do u think about this shot?

I was taking this pic of a friend. So I decided to play with it in photoshop.

DSC_006213wlogo1.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Elizabeth,

I really like this shot! Super fun work in PS. for sure something different, as you can tell by my page I love abstracts like this:

http://homepage.mac.com/wadedowdy/photoart/PhotoAlbum39.html

I think you did an excellent job capturing the essence of the image, and the subtle colors and lines and composition make for a stunning original abstract image.

My only thought would be to maybe take the midrange slider down a bit in PS and maybe adjust the black slider up to around 5, midrange down to .8 or .85

this helps reduce the noise in the background from your processing and gives a more "pure" black background without removing to much data. I also tried a softening or blur to ease the jaggies around the edges of the colors which would help with large prints.

I don't want to offend you by posting an example and steal your thread but you can check your PM to see a link for my suggestions on this superb work. A nice outside of the box shot!

Cheers,

Wade

Thanks Wade. I will play with that. Mainly what I know in photoshop I learned by trial and error...lots of error. I did enjoy what you did with the image. I appreciate that. This was my first posting of one of my shots. I don't offend easy, and I did appreciate you taking the time to work on one of my shots.

I don't know weather I'm still half asleep or just my Brain is @ 9:50 A.M. this Sunday morning, but it seemed to take a second or two to figure out the image. Once I "Woke" up I can say I find it very unique and like it a lot. Keep on posting, now I'll go back to :846: - Jeff

Latest threads

Top Bottom