What do you do for a living..... (combined)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Oct 10, 2005.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Just wondering what people do to make a living. In my case, I am a cosmetic dentist who always wanted to be an art major.

What do you do???????????????????????

regards

RFC

2. Otolaryngologist (Ear, nose, and throat doctor) who always wanted to be an otolaryngologist.

3. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I am a Mechanical Engineer who works on the design and manufacture of various systems for the US military, but, I would rather be a photographer.

4. I work for US Customs as a software applications development team lead, retired Navy Commander, soon to be re-retired as an intinerant amateur photographer.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  5. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I haven't had a job in 24 years. During that time I have made a living as a poor self employed Land Surveyor.

6. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    project manager for a semicon company who always wanted to be a wealthy, good for nothing, lazy bum (two out of three isn't bad, is it? :wink:).

7. Computer administrator who would like to be a playboy photographer :) Or a Rallycar driver

8. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Fulltime Oracle Software engeneer/partime photographer

9. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Attorney, specializing in transactions, estate planning and estate administration. I've alway's loved photography. Prints from my work are all over our office.
    Mike

10. Real estate - commercial and residential - always wanted to be a surgeon or forensic pathologist (long before CSI ever happened on on the idiot box).

11. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    U.S. Air Force

I have spent the last 15 years in the US Air Force. It used to be fun and exciting, but now it's more like babysitting and stuck sitting behind a computer all day.

Always wanted to be a full-time house-husband. Get the wife and kid out in the A.M., do a little cleaning, hit the course for 18 holes then come home and fix dinner. I can handle that. :biggrin:

So in 5 years I will retire from the AF, start my full-time house-husband job and maybe toss in a part-time greeter at Wal-Mart. :rolleyes:

12. I am a stay at home single mom who used to work for the airlines as a reservation agent until I was layed off 3 yrs ago. Before that I was a DJ for various radio stations.

I then got into Photography as an amature who wants to make money from a passion I love. I always wanted to be an Attorney but it wasn't in the cards.

13. Living

Well now I know why there's so much big glass in here, I'm just a lonely photographer, and a few sideline ventures.Guess thats why my bag is half full, guess I'm heading south! don't leave your equipment in your cars, I know what your thinking! me ! :eek: I'm a perfect angel, I think we need a what equipment you own thread :wink:

14. I am a Vice president of a Lexus dealership and I run the parts and service end of the business. I tend to get a bit over involved in my hobbies looking for sanity and peace and quiet.
    Dave :Confused:

15. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    I'm Director of Photography at the Times Herald-Record of Middletown, N.Y., a 100,000 daily newspaper covering the Hudson Valley.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007
  16. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I'm self employed IT Technologist. My company is www.gigaparts.com.

I have a two fold business. 1 is computers, networking, systems itegration, etc. the other part of my business is Amateur Radio, you know HAM RADIO.

We sell ham gear and ship all over the globe. Its an internet business that has us sitting as the 3rd largest ham dealer in the country. We carry all major brands.

Ham used to be a hobby of mine and then I started to make it part of my career so of course now, I don't play ham anymore. Photography is my hobby and I have no plans on making it my career.

I have a partner and we employ 12 people. Its a very fast paced and rewarding job. Although it can be stressful sometimes. All I have to say is that everyone should back up their data!

Regards,

17. Brew

Brew Guest

I’m in commercial property management and am really tired of working with whiners and complainers everyday!!
    They tell me my title is VP Operations Wisconsin to make me feel good. :cool:

18. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Boring banker - looking forward to retirement in the next couple of years if the kids let me. Photography has become more of a passion as sports ability and mobility have declined over the years.

19. Gun-for-hire photographer. Will shoot anything and anybody for a price. Went to art school for several years learning traditional drawing, sculpting and composition. I also have a background in design, print and multimedia. Digital photography and my art background complimented each other, and I was brought into the world of Hollywood photography through a twist of fate. I've been struggling, but finally making strides in the business within the last year. A car accident slowed things down for several months, but I'm back.

I have a fascination with covert activities related to surveillance, sneaking and information gathering. I also enjoy videogames related to military operations and zombie killing. I like sampling beautiful women, fast japanese cars and dream of a life based around island living. :smile:

I also have wanted to be a painter, animator, graphic designer, military sniper and I have a hidden passion for writing.

20. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Former Royal Marine, the original Green Berets for you Colonials. Learnt to fly helicopters, then left the Corps and worked the North Sea, Borneo, Australia and China. Retired due to hearing damage and a serious back injury. Became full time Senior Vice President Ironing and Cooking. (Tod it's good out here)
    I have spent the last few years trying to complete my PHD in Theoretical Gynaecology. (Great real life story, send PM for details!) :smile: :smile: :smile: