What do you do for a living..... (combined)

I'm a clinical psychologist in private practice. I'm also a CPA, and have a degree in computing, so before that I did lots of business/government management work.

I am a Father (one Daughter) , a photographer , a retired engineer , and a writer........I started photography at age 10, 57 years ago, and have done every level and application of it except motion pictures.

Litigation Support Analyst... in other words - a technical dept that assists attorneys to use computer programs designed for their day to day tasks.

I'm sure I answer this already.

Paralegal in a law office until I can go full time photographer.

Also a husband, son, cousin, dad, brother, grandson, and international man of mystery.

Bumping the thread, found it by accident.

Full time student. No time to work really with the Bologna system, except in the summer. Studying political sciences in Zagreb. Hoping to work in PR or diplomacy one day. Not really keen on being a politician. Or a professional photographer.

I sit on the beach all day, writing my novel, trying any type of beverage with a little umbrella in it. :biggrin:

Yeah right...wake up Seneca!

I work in sales in the CDN industry. CDN = "Content Delivery Network"

We own one of the worlds largest private fiber-optic backbones, and essentially lease the bandwidth to our customers.

For example, many of my customers include: Netflix, Viacom, Blizzard Entertainment, Rockstar Games, HBO, Valve, Amazon, Facebook, Apple.

These companies lease our fiber in order to stream their digital media VERY quickly to the end users.

Netflix is the perfect example. Because they use a CDN, they are able to stream movies to your tv/smart devices essentially regardless of your connection. Our system allows the content to be transcoded to a higher or lower bitrate to accommodate the end users connection on the fly.

It's a fun job, i get to meet execs from a lot of these huge Digital Media and Entertainment companies. And often times, I get free games from the devs :)

I also just started doing some real estate photography for a family friend who is a realtor. just for some extra $.

if anyone has any questions re: the CDN industry im happy to answer.

I support the accounting systems for a large energy infrastructure company...haven't yet decided what my next career will be :)

An Electronics and HVAC tech by trade. I currently work for a southeast HVAC wholesale equipment/parts distributer as a customer service rep.
Jack of all trades and master of very few. Hobbies include working and working and keeping up our 16 acres in rural NC. I sometimes manage to get out my camera bag and rarely sip some Jim Beam.

Not much interesting. Hoping to retire.
Lost track -- 22 or 23 years on the Space Station program from hand-drawn viewfoils and hand-written give-it-to-the-typist (now, why did you want a computer?) to early last year. Working on the CST-100 now.
Do disaster relief work every chance I get.
Probably need psychoanalysis (andre, any open slots?)
want to get into photo-associated work (photoshop for photographers or carry bags for photographers) until I really retire.

I am an auto technician. I just made a job change from working at a small family run garage, to working for a small family run dealership as head of the service and fixing stuff department. Of course right now its only a one man operation, but I'm that man:biggrin: and this business plans on expanding, which will result in me overseeing operations as it grows.

Latest threads

Top Bottom