What do you do when...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seabee1999, Dec 17, 2005.

1. the weather goes bad? I live in a very odd place in Italy. I live on the very northeastern coast of Sardinia just below Corsica and here it gets really, really windy. The winter time here has wind gusts upwards to 50 mph and sustained at around 20 mph on any given day. I really want to shoot outside but at what risk to harming my gear? I guess my question what do you do to occupy your time in bad weather? I don't have a studio and in times like this I wish I did. I guess that is the reason why I am looking to go that route as well, looking up books on studio equipment and techiques.

God Bless and stay warm,
    David

2. Cherokee

Cherokee

Nov 27, 2005
    Alabama
    David,
    When the weather goes bad I go out and photograph THAT. I do not know the area but you say you are on the coast and it gets windy, so I envision crashing waves on the shore, birds almost frozen still by strong head winds, great sunrises or sunsets. There must be other subjects particular to the area - look around my friend. Of course you need to protect your electronic gear, and the high winds mean you need to keep the shutter speed high to get sharp images, these only require a little more trouble. Over the years I have found that "bad weather" often translates to better images. Good luck!
    Robert

3. Thank you Robert for sharing. I will go out shortly.

God Bless,
    David

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Plastic bags are your friend (tied securly) lol
    Well you could take up inside macro. A little light set-up and some foam core board for back grounds in different colors.
    Practice PS skills....ekkkkk

5. I'll do what Gale suggests or practise my portraiture! I think rainy days are made for Photoshop! :smile: