1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What do you get if you let a kid use your camera?

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Chris101, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Pictures, lots of pictures!

[​IMG]

Photographs by Olivia with my N80 and 50mm f/1.8 lens, trix developed in hc110b for 6.5 minutes at 68 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. you looks creepier (if that's possible?) with that Shaggy goatee :p 

I love it when my friends kids shoot - they have such an odd perspective and view it's always refreshing (plus its nice to see a younger generation take some interest even if its in passing of photography)

3. Insurance? :tongue:

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Cool shots, congratulate Olivia.

What's going on in frame 1?!

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks on Olivia's behalf guys!

Actually my GF says it makes me look 'cool', and my colleagues say that they will have more respect for me.

I'm not sure Olivia's interest is 'in passing' She has her own film camera (it's pink) and shoots disposables like they are going out of style. And she also has her own digital p&s camera. She shoots a lot of this kind of stuff, but her favorite is video mode. She makes vids that star the dogs and her brother Sam.

Lots of them!

6. Use the portrait in the bottom row for your avatar, Chris. It's scarier than the current one.

Do you suppose that's the way she sees you? :Shocked:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I was on my way to do just that Frank. Olivia has no fear of me whatsoever. Sometime I wish she did, like when I am trying to get her to clean up her room or something.

8. Great minds... :biggrin:

9. Very nice! I love the photos young ones come up with.

Mine are into making little movies with PnSes these days. Mostly of "accidents" involving toy vehicles. :rolleyes: 

Love the new beard. I tried to grow one about a month ago and it was also very light. Entirely white in fact.

It was however vetoed by she-who-must-be-you-know.

10. I think Olivia has the "eye". Good to see you starting her on the right path - FILM! Soon she might be making us all look bad!:biggrin:

11. Hmm maybe creepy was wrong..

you look like an old hippie now :p 

I dig it! - wish I could take decent portraits

12. Perfect, cause that's exactly what he is :smile:.

13. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I actually missed being a real hippie by a couple of years. I was living in various California campgrounds during the Summer of Love, but ... :(  My parents were living with me, so I don't think it counted.

So I guess that I'm making up for the lost opportunity now! :) 

14. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    I was newly married and in the Navy. USN frowned on hippie attire. :smile:

15. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Isn't that where bell bottoms came from?

16. Exactly! When I was hanging around at the Fillmore in '65-66 the first bell bottoms I saw were members of the Quick Silver Messenger Service wearing Navy jean bell bottoms (with cowboy boots and engineer striped shirts). Other people had taken straight legged jeans and sewn brightly colored wedges in the seams to make bell bottoms.

17. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Just a mention of QSMS gets me flashing back!

18. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Ah! The memories of times past! Thanks for bringing some of them back :smile:.

19. Both of you guys can go "have another hit of fresh air"!:biggrin:

20. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That was their big radio hit, but when I think of them I can hear a different song. I cannot even remember what album it came from, but it was 7 or 8 minutes long, and sounded kind of like a western duel. I think the words "Somebody pick him up!" are in it. but I may have hallucinated imagined that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.