What do you give for proofs?

I have heard that if you give out 4x6, the client may reprint from those rather than through you.

I usually do dance online, not paid parties, weddings etc. A wedding planner asked me to do him a favor since his photographer was ill. The job is $400 for a few hours at a 50th birthday party and I am supposed to provide proofs; yesterday he told me that the proofs must be without 'proof' on the prints. The party is tonight. I can't see an option other than to provide 3x5 prints.

Please advise.

Stephanie

Do you have any other limitations besides the "proof" text on the image? Can you print contact sheets, like 8x10s with multiple numbered images on them?

The pay for the job may be enough not to worry about it, but I know you don't want them showing blurry sub-standard copies as your original work.

I have heard that if you give out 4x6, the client may reprint from those rather than through you.

I usually do dance online, not paid parties, weddings etc. A wedding planner asked me to do him a favor since his photographer was ill. The job is $400 for a few hours at a 50th birthday party and I am supposed to provide proofs; yesterday he told me that the proofs must be without 'proof' on the prints. The party is tonight. I can't see an option other than to provide 3x5 prints.

Please advise.

Stephanie

Proof Book with each photo numbered.
Six to eight images per page
similar to this

Greg

Roy, I have not done this before, good idea. I like the printroom book, how long do they take once you place the order, Greg?

Stephanie

Roy, I have not done this before, good idea. I like the printroom book, how long do they take once you place the order, Greg?

Stephanie

Many comapnies offer books.
Apple Books
Blurp
Printroom
Mpix will offer them soon

If you're shooting weddings you should join some of the professional printers offering these services. To use theses companies you have to be approved.

On average a 8 1/2 x 11 proof book costs about $25 for 10 pages and about $1.50 per each additional page with 4 to 20 images per page.

Apple Books are $30 for 20 pages and $1 for each additional page

I belong to:
WHCC White House Custom Color
Art Leather
Asuka Books

White House has a very nice Proof Book.

Greg

Latest threads

Top Bottom