What do you guys think of this business card?

Tried designing a simple business card that also shows off a portrait. What do you guys think? I think it's pretty simple and gets the point across.

Edit - I don't have a website yet so I can't put that on and I'd rather not put a flickr link on there haha

2669976971_83f942daf5_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

HI Jordan

The shot of the two girls walking away is so good I surprised you have not used that one

stew

how would it look with the name up top...

as it stands now, it just feels like somethings missing... can't put my finger on it...

drag her down a bit and put the name up top and see how it looks...

Would you consider placing the name of your business vertically along the left side of your business card? I tend to think the image is too dominant on the card.

Jordan the text on the bottom is very close to the cut line, and is apt to be lost in batch cutting of the cards. For most commercial printers, you want to avoid any type within 1/8 inch of any side.

I just read "design for non-designers" and it had some amazing stuff about business card design. I think it's a really popular book - maybe you could pop into your local Borders and just flick through it if you didn't want to buy. Or I think it's pretty cheap on Amazon. Some great stuff on fonts, type layout etc

I agree that the font is a little hard to read and I'm not sure about the Vignette - I'm usually a hug fan but it sort of feels like one of those wedding vignettes and doesn't go with the modern photo of young girl - just my opinion! I really like the image.

I agree with a different font for the small point size. Also, besides moving that up off the edge I'd move the main text down off the photo. To me it looks like it was set wrong and printed too high, encroaching on the image. I also don't like the really big gap between the two, unless you are getting a website or going to add specialties or something in that space.

I think the card needs a little more to it - but I am in no way a professional so take any advice I give with a grain of salt.

The picture however - :eek: She is absolutely stunning!

Jonny

Like Frank I think that picture dominates, but that may be OK if the size of and weight of the text was increased. Either leaving it where it is, or running it vertically as has been suggested. Perhaps even a second (sub?) heading, e.g., "Voth Photography: Seniors, weddings, families" I'm looking for something that will fill in the black void at the bottom. That could be your web adddress!

I agree with Nick's comment.

Will this be a single sided bc?

I have my logo on one side, very small, centered and all my information on side two.
They look great when placed on a table, logo side up, very clean and simple.

Business up front, party in the back.

Thank you all for your responses. Yeah I was kinda iffy on the font so I wanted to see what others thought. I will try to come up with a different font.

Nick, I like the idea you had of doing the Voth Photography: Seniors, families, weddings. I might have to add that in there.

I'll work on it a bit later today and post another copy, thanks for your help everyone!

Here's an updated copy. I really like the way the vignette is so I'm probably gonna leave that how it is. How is the font though? I changed it and tried to enlarge a bit. Let me know what you think. I also moved the picture down a bit.

2673003436_a72bb6ea6f_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like the new look better...

Much nicer...

The font still seems a bit off... usable for now, but I would try a few others...

Also, it looks a bit big.... how would it look if you decreased the size just a bit?

ALSO - the second line up at the top isn't centered... might want to fix that...

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I agree the second business card is better. I would also consider getting your own domain name and using an e-mail address associated with it. That looks more professional, like you are serious about it. I have read that on many of the professional photography organization forums, and in John Harrington's book "Best Business Practices for Photographers" which I feel is hands down the best and most recent book on running a successful photography business.

R

rocketliv

What about front and back? I have my text info on the front and a portrait on the back.

PS- love the text and photo used!! It looks fantastic.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! You know you are showing off your work and it needs to be that size. I would also add another picture on the opposite side. Good job.

Latest threads

Top Bottom