What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Jun 23, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
  2. My vote would be the first one with a crop like the others. I am not a fan of the soft focus-type stuff. Your mileage may vary.

3. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Greg - much appreciated.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I like number 2...but I don't like the placement of her hand. To me...it looks like someone is reaching up to her face. Even tho you can see her shoulder...to me it just doesn't look real.

But I like the door behind...

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Not wild about those "in your face", veiny, boney hands, or frankly, her expression here. That said, I much prefer #2 over the rest, as it tends to hide her hand details more. Otherwise, I love the shot! :biggrin:

6. I would go with the B&W but agree with Steve, the hand has way too much prominance.

7. I like #2 most of the 3.

8. I like the processing on the last one, but the hand is detracting from the image.

It's right out front doing nothing but drawing attention to itself. Always remember that hands communicate... so if you include a hand in a dominant place in the composition it should be there for a purpose - to show off a piece of jewelry, hold a prop, etc. In this case if she only had some hair wrapped around her finger, just think how much that simple gesture would compliment that dreamy gaze. Whether you like it or not, it's all about sex.

That whole "flesh mass" of the hand, arm, shoulder and torso is the same size as her head, another no-no.

Advice I learned the hard too.

9. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i like the "look" of the second one (love the soft look, colors all that). i like the door in here, too.

10. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Hmmm......unfortunately I have to agree with some of the others. I like the processing on the last with the first being my #2 pick. If it wasn't for the hand #3 would be outstanding. With the hand it's *good*, but could be better. I *hate* when that happens!!

11. I'm loving quite contrasty look of #2 and the crop, but not so much the textured soft look.

My 2c anyway :)

12. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Seneca - I appreciate your comments. :smile:

Thanks Laura.

Thanks for your observations Steve - very helpful as I learn the craft.

Thanks Gordon!

Thanks Roy.

Thanks Woody. Your critique is extremely helpful - I really appreciate you taking the time to mentor this greenhorn. :smile:

Thanks Nute!

Thanks Stuart. My goal is outstanding, so I'll keep at it. :smile:

Thanks! I had a mid-evil damsel type idea in mind when I did the processing.

13. I am not much of a fan of soft focus either. Agree on the hand. Still ike the first one and the B&W.

14. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ

Thanks Alex.

15. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    I like the first image, she is a pretty girl, but the hand is very distracting, just my opinion.

16. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Stephanie! Yea, I blew what could have been a great shot, but I'm not discouraged - I'll get it right one of these times. :smile: