What do you think is this ?

Discussion in 'People' started by alex from holland, Aug 1, 2005.

1. I did some ps work last night and this was the result.
    Give me some critic please. I am here to learn.

thanks

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    very somber mood. wonder what she was thinking. i like the lighting, the use of cool colors etc, but it is a bit "too" soft. just a touch sharper might have been better. she has beautiful eyes and i think if they'd been sharper this might have come through more. same w/her mouth. lovely shape, but it's almost lost in the softness. overall though i think you have a nice shot here. nicely done, alex. i don't do portraits because there's just too much to think about!

3. saturnine

saturnine Guest

I agree with Leigh. The soft focus enhances the mood of the photo, but it's a bit too soft. I like that she's not covered in make-up, and that her hair is wrapped up in the towel. This shows a "plain" but very beautiful view of her appearance. Nicely done!

4. Good image, but I agree on the softness. You could try placing a layer underneath that is the sharp image and use the eraser tool in PS at 10% to remove some of the softness in select areas. It's a great way to have softness while retaining some detail in the image.

David.

5. Soft or not it is a nice image of a lovely lady. Your desaturation works to your advantage here.