1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What do you think is this ?

Discussion in 'People' started by alex from holland, Aug 1, 2005.

1. I did some ps work last night and this was the result.
    Give me some critic please. I am here to learn.

thanks

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    very somber mood. wonder what she was thinking. i like the lighting, the use of cool colors etc, but it is a bit "too" soft. just a touch sharper might have been better. she has beautiful eyes and i think if they'd been sharper this might have come through more. same w/her mouth. lovely shape, but it's almost lost in the softness. overall though i think you have a nice shot here. nicely done, alex. i don't do portraits because there's just too much to think about!

3. saturnine

saturnine Guest

I agree with Leigh. The soft focus enhances the mood of the photo, but it's a bit too soft. I like that she's not covered in make-up, and that her hair is wrapped up in the towel. This shows a "plain" but very beautiful view of her appearance. Nicely done!

4. Good image, but I agree on the softness. You could try placing a layer underneath that is the sharp image and use the eraser tool in PS at 10% to remove some of the softness in select areas. It's a great way to have softness while retaining some detail in the image.

David.

5. Soft or not it is a nice image of a lovely lady. Your desaturation works to your advantage here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.