what do you think UPDATED

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mike mac, May 2, 2007.

1. Here it is
    [​IMG]
    the parents change their minds and wanted a color poster so here it is I hope they like it
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2007
  2. This is VERY GOOD stuff here Mike....

Anyone who does not think this is "Top Shelf" stuff... is just simply full of crap!!!

Oh almost forgot.... your PS skilll aren't bad either....HeHe
    Well done

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Mike, I have to admit that I am not a Sepia fan, but aside from that, your product is excellant. It is clear, the interest in the action is certainly visible and the specifics regarding the name, team, etc. are done very well. I would think that this poster will scratch their itch 100%.

4. Mike, I think it looks great. I am also not a big fan of sepia and think it would be outstanding in color.

Addendum: Just saw your other post and it does look better in color!

5. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    Mike, I like what you have done. I do think it has that "old-time" feeling. I wonder what it would look like in all b/w or sepia with the words in color. Maybe using his school colors for the school name and his name.

Another idea to think about would be to use what you have done in all sepia with a white border and the name, school, etc. at the bottom. Did this real quick to show you what I mean. Excuse the bad cloning job. Just thought it might give you a couple other ideas.

I'm sure he is going to love it. I've made a few posters in the past for my son's friends when they played hockey together and they really liked them and still have them hanging in their rooms.

Here's the one I did real quick to show you what I meant about the border. And one in b/w which I tend to prefer over sepia.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you don't mind me posting these. If you would prefer I didn't, just let me know and I'll take them down.

6. I think it is great Mike. Maybe just a contrast boost so the player stands out more.

[​IMG]

7. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Mike, this looks really good.

Just two comments:

Eric is right, bump up the contrast a bit to make him pop out more.

Looking at the overall layout, the graphic artist side of me just comes out, sorry. I would raise the Cherry Hill West text vertically so that the t in West is even along the top with 2007, pulling it away from the players name along the bottom. As it is the text in the bottom left corner looks bunched up.

Very nice work, please let us know what the parents say.

8. Thank you everyone

Well thanks for taking the time to comment and Post process I really appreciate and really like your efforts better than mine. After talking with the parents they have decided to go with a color version which I will post later.
    Thanks again

9. I think the work is great. He does need to lose some weight or he might not fit in the frame. :smile: