what do you think

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Randy, Jul 27, 2007.

1. many times I can't hand out cards so I am considering wearing this:

What do you think ?
    Do you 'get' the URL from the shirt ?

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wearing apparel with your url while you are shooting is always a good idea, but getting business cards/flyers out to the spectators is much more effective. Some ladies carry pens/pencils in their purses, but men seldom have them on their person when dressed casually. Your url is lengthy and might not easily be remembered by someone a few hours after the competition ends. You might do well by bringing in a large poster with some 8x10 images that hold your biz cards. I pass biz cards out before the game which seems to work. I have also been advised to have someone place flyers on cars in the parking lot. I am not in favor of flyers on cars because I fear that if they are thrown on the ground by the owner of the car, the venue management will get upset having to pick up my debris.

3. thx Frank
    I prefer business cards also but lately I have found myself shooting at places where business cards won't work...
    Maybe I'll explore buying a 2nd domain name

4. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    How about a very small domain name if you can. I know it's hard to find a smaller domain name nowadays, but it would be easier to remember (and something without dashes is always good as people can't remember if there is a dash in the URL or not). Of course, you could always get the shirt that advertises for you, and then that would bring people up to you where you can give them a business card. That might work.

5. Randy if the folks dont have the url written down they wont remember it. At some events the company work of and myself when shooting small single events will higher a kid to hand them out. For the larger events they get 20.00 for the smaller single game events maybe 3 -5 bucks for handing out cards. I think this is key in getting hits to the website

6. Randy,

You can get, and probably should, other domain names that point back at your site. This way misspellings and other hits go your way.
    BTW, how about putting the web site on the BACK of the shirt? This is probably where most people will see it. Just a thought.

7. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I'd say a shorter domain name pointing to the same website and/or go with mikemac's suggestion. That's a very inexpensive way to get the word out around the field(s). I'd imagine you'd be pleased with the return on that investment.

8. Marcos

Marcos

Nov 20, 2005
    FL, USA.
    Wow!

Good business man!

I like that

9. thx everyone
    I ordered a nice bright yellow t-shirt w/ the signage as above...
    I can't change my url name now since i have so many parents who still stop by for a look and a buy from last year's soccer, football, etc...

I do hand out alot of cards and they work fine (800+ sales since last October)...the t-shirt is for places like the whitewater center where cards would not be appropriate

10. i went w/ the same msg on both sides...thx Steve

11. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    good thinking.
    even if they don't remember the address correctly, they can google 'carolina sports photography'. I just did it, found your site in a few seconds. :wink:

12. that's why i originally went w/ 'a name' vs an acronym
    i figure they will forget a random set of letters easier

the t-shirt should really help w/ places i'm probably not supposed to be selling pics