What film cameras are you shooting this summer?

I have been enjoying shooting with old Nikon film cameras this summer. This old F3 recently followed me home, and I have been having a lot of fun with it. I'll post some images after I get the flm processed.

image-17.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What film cameras have you been using?

Real Name
Chris
Yer camera looks like it has been places! The 1.2 is real nice.

I've been shooting this kit:
olykit(600).JPG

This summer I'm shooting with the same gear I use in the winter, spring and fall;
Nikon SLRs: F, F2, FM, FA
Nikon rangefinders: S3, SP
Cosina Voigtlander: R2S Bessa
I don't post pictures of them 'cause they look pretty much the same as everyone else's.

Mainly my F100. I recently purchased an F4 from another Cafe'er but have since been so busy as to not take more than a few shots with it. My old Minolta SRT101 has not seen much action lately at all!!! :sad:

item.jpg

I just finished a roll of Tri-X in my FA. First film I've shot in probably 12 years. It was different, but fun. Waiting to have film developed. Been curious for a while about shooting some film again. I'm relying on someone else to process and scan. I've never had to do that, so there is some trepidation. Sooo much simpler than DSLR. All shots at same ISO, set aperture and go for it (A mode). I really like focusing my lenses again, though.

Just got the film back. $16 to develop and scan! Relatively small jpeg files, probably fine for the web, though. Highlights were badly blown in a lot of the photos. In better light the tonality was nice. I was also shocked at how poor my focus technique was. I'll try some C41 since it's cheaper to process, but I'm rethinking the whole film/manual focus thing. Sometimes nostalgia isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly my Canon A-1. Have a Canonet and a Pentax Program Plus that get a little action too at times.

8556668202_908bbe07aa_o.jpg

My trusty F3 is still in use. Last weekend I used it (next to a digital camera) at as wedding. I changed to Kodak BW400cn because of b/w processing costs, though.

Just finished a few rolls on new to me FG-20 and F401S. Both are in beautiful shape and seem to function perfectly.

Okay, don't laugh, but I have been shooting my Rollei 6008 Pro SRC1000, using just fujifilm instant! I for the life of me, cannot figure out how on earht to load the 120 roll! I have had some excellent online tutorial from a forum bud from Germany, and yet, I think it is fear that disallows me to load the film again! I lost two rolls of Velvia 50! However, the use of the istafilm has been my favorite, and I think it will be my most used one from here on out, when time permits!

8997619115_8d4452bdfa_c.png

a.Rollei.brujo-5 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

8587591251_0cf0e86f67_c.png

Untitled by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr
View attachment 1222126
a.Rollei.Brujo666-14 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

View attachment 1222129
Untitled by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

9633787252_ff9a0154ca_b.png

a.Rollei.Brujo666-6 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

View attachment 1222134
a.Rollei.Brujo666-29 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr
View attachment 1222136
a.Rollei.Brujo-8 by aRolleiBrujo, on Flickr

I've taken the Nikon FG, Canonet 1.8, and Minolta AL out for spins....but only a few shots each. First film I've shot for a decade. At this rate a 24 roll may take three years.

Just ran some film through my F4S and a Yashica MG-1. Now I've got a "new" Canon TLb loaded up and in use.

Latest threads

Top Bottom