What gives?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by woundedmallard, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Okay, my D300 arrived today. Put a fresh battery in, slid in and formatted a 4GB card and yet.......there are still dirty dishes in my sink! What's up with that? :eek::biggrin::biggrin:

A few quick shots in my dining room, with tropical storm Fay "grey" out the window, at ISO 800 and 1600. I'm gonna fall in love when I get this bad boy cranking. Don't think I'll shoot that high unless I really need to but it's nice to have that luxury. Going to actually read the manual, at least parts of it :rolleyes:, before I really open it up. guess it's good to have theis storm to keep me in for the moment. Although......:rolleyes: I just might take it to the beach tomorrow!
    Let you know how it turns out! :biggrin:

2. Congrats Thomas, you'll love the D300. Stay in for the next day or two and read the manual while the storm moves over you.
    Louie

3. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I agree with Louie - have fun.

4. thomas..... congrats
    love your post
    hysterical about the DIRTY DISHES IN THE SINK

show us some pictures, soon
    good luck

5. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    congrats you will love it, I adore mine...does that make me weird LOL

6. Geez, this is beautiful! Not the shots necessarily. As I said, I'd probably like to stay within reason with ISO settings, but it's sure nice to have the flexibility. Can't wait to encounter a situation that call for it.

I know there's already plenty of examples all over the web as well as the cafe but.....no pp just resized and cropped.

ISO 1600
    original.gif

View attachment 241135

ISO 1000 w/ flash
    View attachment 241136

View attachment 241137

7. Congrats!
    Tom are there still dishes in the sink? LOL

8. nice first shots, thomas
    glad you posted them

can't wait to see tomorrow's shots

9. Thanks everyone. Yep, dirty dishes still in the sink! :rolleyes: when I buy new sneakers I can run faster and jump higher, but I guess when I get a D3, it'll come with someone to wash the dishes, eh? :wink::biggrin:

Still got a tropical storm (Fay) sitting over my area, but I think that's as good a test as any in which to take the D300 for a spin!