What happened here?

Up until yesterday, I never had an issue getting into the Cafe. Then suddenly, I had to turn off my blocker in order to gain access. Turning it off can compromise my computer, so I may very well have to not return.

So what changed?

Reactions: McQ
Which blocker are you using? I have one, it’s not causing any problems here with Macbook Pro running Big Sur or my IMac running Catalina.

JLH

Same type problem. I have used this site without issue until yesterday. Then things went crazy and everything changed. Finally I turned off "UBlock" and the site was back to "normal" but half the page was filled with adds and junk. Seems "Ads by Google" took over the page.
As much as I have enjoyed reading posts here and learning from the users I don't think its worth coming here and having my screen flooded with every off-beat ad that Google wants to force me to see. Nearly all of them are things I have no interest in and its just too time consuming to have to sort through them, close them, explain to Google why I don't want them, etc.
Been fun but its not fun any more.

I now have to run a different browser specifically for the Cafe. Every other website I have accessed since last Friday works correctly, except the Cafe, which loads as text only in my primary browser.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Up until yesterday, I never had an issue getting into the Cafe. Then suddenly, I had to turn off my blocker in order to gain access. Turning it off can compromise my computer, so I may very well have to not return.

So what changed?

I had noted the same issue and have brought it up with Amin and the mod team.
We're currently digging into it to see what might have happened.

I had the same problem, using Firefox (current version) on my Mac (current OS), and the UBlock Origin blocker. I have to turn it off to access the site.

We're hoping to figure it out.

Something happened again. I turned on UBlock, and the site still works. So either UBlock, FF or the forum did something.

Turning it off can compromise my computer
First and foremost, that's not how ad blockers work...they're not protecting your computer at all.

I've been running uBlock for a while now and never had an issue getting onto this site though so unless there was something customized on your end, the only other issue here was that there was a load blocking script that if it didn't execute the rest of the site broke. That should never happen for an ad script, it should be loaded async so hopefully the admin team ensured that's the case.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom