What home gym?

Once we move I have big plans for one room - a home gym! Just wondering what others have/suggest? I like the look of this one. [JX-1125N]

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It all depends on what your goals, your condition are.
I have seen people in good health achieve amazing results with just a mat.
If you have room, personally I would go for low impact machines, rowing, bicycle or cross trainer with a bench press and rack of weights.

Last edited:
I like the design of the model you posted. It has lots of places to hang clothes. That is what essentially every piece of exercise equipment I ever bought was used for after 6 months. I just purchased a kickr smart bike trainer. I hope if gets more use.
Gary

When going to the gym both my wife and myself seldom use any of the machines, instead opting for the benches and dumbbells along with some cardio on the treadmill or bike. We set up a home gym for those times we couldn't make it to the gym, which due to Covid have not visited since March. At home we ended up getting a Spin Bike, a flat and incline weight bench and set of dumbbells, a cage/squat rack with a set of barbells and plates and a TRX suspension trainer. We don't use the cage much except to do pull ups and as a anchor point for the TRX suspension trainer which were using more often.

Not a sexy as an all in one machine but then we are not as limited in the exercises that we can do, also feel that with free weights you get more muscles involved in a stabilization process.

Real Name
Don Roy
I've thought about that over the years, but never did it. I actually like the overhead of going to an real gym, packing a bag, stopping for errands on the drive home, seeing friends there. The place I go has a pool and hot tub, though both are dormant with Covid. The fact that my medical coverage makes it free is a nice perk too.

I had one of those in my unfinished basement in my early 30s. I had to disassemble twice when we finished the basement and when I got rid of it. I ended up with torn labrum and rotator cuff. So the lifts got more difficult. I went with dumbbells and adjustable bench. Takes up a lot less room, fwiw.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Here's a suggestion -- my home gym:

_WJW8622.jpeg

Of course, I'm the active type. You may not yet be in shape for such a grueling workout. It takes time to build up your muscles and stamina.

Last edited:
Yikes, that looks way too complicated. My home half rack, bench and weight plates does all of that with less bulk. I also added dip bars, a cable weight pulley and I have a barbell landmine for multiple compound exercises. I also just place my workout bench angled on the stairway for ab workouts. For cardio I jump rope between workout sets.

I need to keep fit, because cameras don't lift themselves! :D

Jim, or Gym as you prefer the spell the name, has never taken me home. Rather he has driven himself here, drunk all my beer, and shared his cheap wine. Maybe if I had been polite and said, "Home James!"

:cool: :ROFLMAO::D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will have some free weights as well. I just have to be careful not to overdo it. 10 years ago I was lifting 420kg [900lbs] and the A.G.E virus now means that injuries take much longer to heal :D

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom