What I did at work . . .

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DianeR, Nov 30, 2005.

1. I just saw Flew's wonderful hawk pics taken through the window at his work place and it reminded me of these in a series I took from my former work place. My office was on the 5th floor backing up to fairly dense woods. At the time, I carried my G2 everywhere and had it with me when a co-worker came running saying come to the balcony window quick! A pair of these (Turkey Vultures I think) used the balcony and the window reflections as roosting and preening places and were about 5' and 1' away from me respectively when I snapped their pictures through the glass.
    They were fascinating to watch "up close and personal" and of course, they had no idea that they were being studied on the other side of the glass. Eventually, I had to get back to work, but they visited on a regular basis and eventually became "ho hum" around the floor. :smile:
    BTW, the first one is a variation of a frame action by Doug Barber, in case he looks in. :wink:

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool shots Diane. Now if we could just get a job working next door to the Viera wetlands like Harry....:biggrin:

3. LIVING next door to the wetlands would even be better! LOL.:Happy:

4. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Diane

Black Headed vultures are what these lovely creatures are.

Personally, I really like vultures. They all have their own personalities and they are very social creatures....not to mention magnificent flyer's!

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

Yeah, they're sort of like Pigeons, Gulls, and Muscovy Ducks. They have an unwarranted bad rep IMNSHO. :biggrin:

Diane,

I agree. Living next door (like Harry actually does) would be like heaven. :wink:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great pics Diane.

Like the first one very much. Nice shot.