What I do at work....;-)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I was working industriously this morning when a coworker came in with eyes as big as saucers and said 'do you have your camera'? Of course I did. :smile:

He saw this outside of his window. I could wish for a better angle I guess, but I really shouldn't complain. I had to make a quick guess at the exposure.

Poor Squirrel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is a little soft, but my hands were shaking. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. Wow Frank, helluvva catch - both for you and the hawk :eek: :eek:

3. I love your job and work place. :)

4. Yes - well. Great shots.

5. Well done Frank....
    Just goes to show that it's always a good idea to keep your eyes out the window....lol
    Well done

6. cool captures! what a way to spend the working day.
    Dave

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That squirrel is a Big Dinner.
    Holey cow. What a catch Frank. Way to go. Thank your working buddy for the good eye.

What bird is that Frank. He is a good size or that is a small squirrel.

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    It pays to be prepared!

really nice captures Frank. You did a great job "guessing" at the exposure! I can't tell you how many times I missed great shot ops 'cause I didn't have my camera with me!

9. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    Great shots -- wish I'd been quicker, but I would have missed seeing it at all if I went for my camera. Maybe I should start bringing it into the office every day in case David sees something else...

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gale,

He's (or more likely she's) a Red Tailed Hawk.

11. Frank The first one is dead on a fantastic shot would you look at the size of that meal

12. Frank baby that rocks.. the last one where you can see the eyes of the squirrel..

BTW yes that is definately a Red Tail Hawk. Can tell by the chest feather colors... I have seen this guys up close and personal.. ;^)

13. As someone else said, nice catch for you and the hawk.

louie

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

No doubt gotta keep those Machine Guns loaded and ready to rock on a moments notice!!

Well done Frank :biggrin:

15. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Frank,

You maximized that photo op. Geez, if I knew you could do all that photography during work I might not have retired. :biggrin:

16. Excellent catch for both you and the Hawk!

I guess the second shot is the final proof the you do "need" the 300 VR :Wink:

17. OK, I'll be the HONEST one around here. I hate you, hate where you work, hate that this happened outside your window while all I saw outside mine is clouds, rain and seagullls............in other words......

I am really, truly, absolutely JEALOUS!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Great catch, good job, what do you do, keep your gear in your pocket???????

By the way, I think I am going to report you to SETS. You are probably more familiar with PETA, but as well all know SETS is Squirrels for the Ethical Treatment of Squirrels. Just wait for that knock on your door.....they always go after the ones with Deep Pockets don't you know .... nudge-nudge-:wink: :wink:

Sheesh, and the sun was out too......

18. Nice capture Frank!

I have a question. Do birds of prey kill their prey before starting to consume them or does the consumption take care of that? I would think that something like a squirrel would fight and bite, is that correct?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2005
  19. Frank,

This is another example of "The harder I work the luckier I get." By the way, I called in 4 bald eagles (at one time) with my lame eagle call at the nest last weekend. None of them had game however. Hope to see you there.