What if it was Cash for Lenses!!!!

Real Name
Luis Casals
Ok so we continue to pump money into the economy. CASH FOR CLUNKERS is the theme of the week but why could we not make it Cash for Lenses.

I have a long list of items that I could get, if we had a CASH FOR LENSES too. 4500 would buy me a lot right now. At least a heck of a tripod, Nikon SB-600, 70-200mm VR or 300mm F4. I could even throw a bag or two to carry my things out of the store.

Ok, I will stop dreaming for now and go back to reality....

Ok so we continue to pump money into the economy. CASH FOR CLUNKERS is the theme of the week but why could we not make it Cash for Lenses.

I have a long list of items that I could get, if we had a CASH FOR LENSES too. 4500 would buy me a lot right now. At least a heck of a tripod, Nikon SB-600, 70-200mm VR or 300mm F4. I could even throw a bag or two to carry my things out of the store.

One flaw in the soup, you would have to turn in high mileage lenses for credit, these would have to be destroyed, this will deplete the used market and prices of all gear might go up.:biggrin:

M

Merkin

I would happily turn in a Canon EOS mount 50 1.8 for a 17-35 f2.8 Nikkor ;)

Finley hits the nail on its head; with a Cash for clunkers program you'd only be allowed to trade in your Canon lenses for Nikon ones!

Sadly, I've acquired no lenses that I'd like to trade in . . .

although I'd be willing to negotiate for goods in kind - lol.

Eric

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom