1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What is HDR?

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by jStat, Sep 2, 2008.

1. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    I know I could Google it, but I'd rather ask those who have done it/know for sure.

I believe I am right when I think that an HDR image is a series of images at different exposure settings blended together to form a single image in which every element(sky/ground/trees/etc) should be in correct exposure range.

Am I? I'm interested in trying this out, but wanted to know more about it.

2. yeah, that's right.

Set your camera up on a tripod and do 5 exposures all at 1ev difference, generally vary the shutter speed not the aperture to get the difference.

Then blend them together, the best program I've used for HDR (High Dynamic Range) is Photomatix.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.