What is my used DJ 130 printer worth?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob Walters, Jul 4, 2007.

1. I just purchased an HP Z3100 printer to replace my HP Designjet 130 printer which is a little over a year old. I'm getting more involved in giclee printing on fine art media and I really need a pigment printer. Unfortunately I tossed the packing material and box which, I believe, is crucial to the safe transportation of this beast.

They cost about $1300 new. I really love this printer and it's in perfect condition. I have a complete set of replacement heads, two or three ink cartridges for each color, and a pretty large supply of paper specifically made for this printer. The extra supplies cost over $650. I also added a roll holder and automatic paper cutter.

I live in a small town on the Gulf Coast, so if I want to sell it without shipping it, my market size is quite limited; therefore, I expect the price to be lower than it might be if I lived in a large metropolitan area.

This 24" dye printer makes unsurpassed photo prints and has over 80 years longevity on the proper media, but it is really not ideal for giclee printing on ordinary paper.

I can't find any comparative prices on used versions of this printer. Any thoughts about how much it's worth?:confused: