What is really wrong with the Nikon Cafe.........?

G

GMolotsky

As a lurker I guess I'm just in shock a little. On dpr and others you just get slammed or ignored, I think some people are confused because they're waiting for the other shoe to drop. Eventually they'll come around to the fact that there is no other shoe, just some nice conversation, and of course, some good coffee...

Bill,

I know what your talking about. I used to go to "those other forums" until I heard about the Cafe'. The rude, and sometimes very mean spirited comments made me not want to post for fear of being attacked. Then I came to the Cafe', what great people. All you folks are , sincere, helpful and just plain nice. I haven't even been back to some of those other forums since I signed up here. Don't need to........I'm home now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What the heck is WRONG with you people :?: :?: :?:

Here I am, in a very strange mood this morning, which I am sure is VERY scary to the folks who know me here, and I start a "What's Wrong" thread and can't even get a ding-dong argument going :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And this, my friends, is EXACTLY what is right with this place.

I have to tell you, mostly to the folks I have not yet met who are now here, it does my heart good to see the way this thread is going. And remember, it is all of you who make this place the nice place it is.

And, yes, Doug is right. If this place can tolerate ME, then heck, it can deal with anyone :lol:

And to the "new folks", remember that we are all "new" in one way or another. I learn something here every single day. To those who read this thread in "lurk" mode, participate and you will gain so very much more. Plus every single one of you has something to teach as well. As has been noted, this is one place where you don't get shot for having an opinion. As long as you respect those of others of course.

You folks are restoring my faith in humanity, I'm going off to a corner now to have a good cry.......... :wink:

J

jkamphof

Compared to the other forums I have surfaced in, this one truly takes the cake on postitive-social behaviour. DPR was great as I was getting more experience with the digital SLR's, I learned a great deal from the forums there, but unfortunalty the forums have become less enjoyable. Too much negaitve posting and forum bullying. I still love Fred Miranda's site and it has been my inspriation for incredible imagery.

This forum has something unique. There is a great group of people here and I am so pleased to have been led here. Thanks a million guys and please lets continue to make this place a postivie community.

and Frank, I'd like a Cafe Americano with a double shot of expresso with caffine pills added!!! Grande size.....I teach my 6 year old students today ;)

Joel.

Retief said:
What the heck is WRONG with you people :?: :?: :?:

Here I am, in a very strange mood this morning, which I am sure is VERY scary to the folks who know me here, and I start a "What's Wrong" thread and can't even get a ding-dong argument going :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And this, my friends, is EXACTLY what is right with this place.

I have to tell you, mostly to the folks I have not yet met who are now here, it does my heart good to see the way this thread is going. And remember, it is all of you who make this place the nice place it is.

And, yes, Doug is right. If this place can tolerate ME, then heck, it can deal with anyone :lol:

And to the "new folks", remember that we are all "new" in one way or another. I learn something here every single day. To those who read this thread in "lurk" mode, participate and you will gain so very much more. Plus every single one of you has something to teach as well. As has been noted, this is one place where you don't get shot for having an opinion. As long as you respect those of others of course.

You folks are restoring my faith in humanity, I'm going off to a corner now to have a good cry.......... :wink:

If it would help, you can give me a call and I can insult you for 10-15 minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron Strobel

What's wrong with this forum???? I can nail it in one: when I came here, I fully expected that, being totally new to DSLR, all the collective wisdom of the forum would land on me and I'd have instantaneous knowledge about all things wise and wonderful, about DOF, about the perfect aperture for the not so perfect lighting conditions and all that crap. I figured it would transfer via osmosis and I'm still waiting!!!!! Now I'm putting my soapbox away, taking another robaxisol and waiting for this damn back to let up (far too much kayaking last weekend). Harris, send me some magic words!

D

d70john

tolady

sandi next time your coming up to brampton let me know and maybe we could go shoot some pics up at the forks or something else,that way i'll chance to pic your brain alittle and talk about lenses

I know whats wrong here......

I'm the worst photographer here and you tolerate me.

Seriously now. The best way for me to describe this place is just like a cafe. Warm and friendly atmosphere where one can sit and chat with thier piers. Some forums have more of a bar mentallity. :shock:

B

bpetterson

I ordered two Nikon Cafe coffee cups and the Nikon Cafe Clock.
So anybody comes to visit- Will have Time and Coffee.

Birger

This place....

This place is great, nothing wrong 8) The level of contributions growing steadily has helped towards the friendliness I think. Please dont change anything too much.

Maybe a graph of the number of joiners / posters ??? Just to show how we've grown ???

Stu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
strobel said:
If it would help, you can give me a call and I can insult you for 10-15 minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron Strobel
Well, a great idea, but unfortunately somebody beat you to this one. I remember a story last year about this time of a fellow, here in Seattle I think, who set up a 1-900 line for just this purpose. He took a lot of flak from the Medical community, psychiatrists/psychologists, who said that many of the people who would call him would require REAL treatment. I never tried, I figured it was cheaper to just complain to the wall and the result would be the same :lol: :lol:

Thanks for this, a laught to start the day is ALWAYS a good thing.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom