1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What is the deal here?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by newfies, Aug 2, 2008.

1. How is shopdigitaldirect.com showing the d 700 for $1999 plus tax ? I put it in my cart and it is still $1999 plus tax. I tried calling, they are not open today, will be open tomorrow. I am tempted to buy it with my amex card, so I can return it with no problems if I need to. It also has a USA warranty, I don't know if it is the same USA warranty given with other nikons. I will wait until tomorrow so I can get a person on the other end to find out exactlly what I will get with my d700, in or out of box, cables, manual, etc. I need to know the catch. Just curious.

2. when will folks ever learn
    when a price it TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.....
    it's because IT ISN'T TRUE

simple as that
    buy from reputable dealers
    the camera is NEW
    there WON'T be any deals

3. Thanks, I knew there was something not right there.

4. I highly recommend you not do it.

5. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

It is fantastic that such reseller ratings sites are available, but just a shame that people have to be the first guinea pigs to be bait-and-switched to be in a position to warn everyone else.

And even more of a shame that there are a lot of people who don't check this out and benefit from the knowledge gained.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.