1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

    If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What is the name of the piece that

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrendaC, Sep 8, 2008.

  1. BrendaC


    Sep 24, 2007
    screws into the bottom of the camera that you can then mount on your tripod? Can you get replacements? I can't find mine, think it fell out of my bag at the football game. Thanks.
  2. Camera plate or L bracket
  3. Quick release bracket ?
  4. BrendaC


    Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks. Are they all the same size? Do the same plates fit all tripods and cameras?
  5. rsprouse


    Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    There are a few different, incompatible systems in use. The most widely used are called "Arca-Swiss compatible" but these tend to be separate, add-on components. It sounds like you are using something that came with your tripod, perhaps? If so, it is probably proprietary to your tripod manufacturer, so you need to get a plate that is the same brand.

    If you can show us a picture of your tripod head / clamp, we can probably be of more help.

    -- Russ
  6. Cleo68


    Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    You may be able to find it at B&H under your particular brand of tripod.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.