What is up? The Wings lose AGAIN at home!

Arrggghhhh!!! 'Nuf said...

1 - Jimmy Howard has his eyes on the prize
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 - Apparently my timing sucks since it looks like the puck is obscured by the defenders stick, and I remember hearing the puck hit the boards just after I clicked this one... ARRRGGGHHH!!!

3 - This one looks interesting, but how did Hudler get called for hooking on this play?

4 - Jack Johnson (UofM) gets the best of Justin Abdelkader (MSU) on this play.

5 - The puck is in the webbing, I swear!

6 - A little rough stuff heading back to their respective benches.

7 - Uh yeah, he did the splits and made the save

As usual Steve excellent work, #1 is astonishing, perfect capture.
Let's hope the wings get out of this funk quickly, I originally thought they would compete for the cup this year?!?

Couldn't you just clone in a puck from another shot? :D

Great action.
BITE YOUR TONGUE!! Who needs to clone it when you can get it all, um, most, er, well some of the time! :wink:

These are very good. Did you have a media pass to get that close to the ice?
Yes I do, I shoot these on the photo pass I get through Icon SMI. Are you still impressed? :smile:

As usual Steve excellent work, #1 is astonishing, perfect capture.
Let's hope the wings get out of this funk quickly, I originally thought they would compete for the cup this year?!?
Me too, yet it still looks good but tighter than originally thought, Vancouver is still the #1 seed and looking like it. At least the long west coast road trips are over now, and more guys coming back from injury, surgery, or whatever, and hopefully shoring up the defense a bit more.

Sorry about your Wings, Steve, but the shots are phenomenal :)

Love the photo of Jack besting Abd. Action shots like that are the best.

Your photos of Quick doing the splits are insane too. I'm a goalie and I can't even pretend to do something like that ;)

Nice stuff as always, Steve. I was at this game. The redwings still look pretty good... I'm sure they'll turn it on for the playoffs.

Side note: I'll be photographing some Michigan/BGSU CCHA hockey action this weekend. Are you going to be there at all?

Great set! Loving #1, 2, 4 and 5 especially.

All will be right in the world again soon. There will be world peace, rivers will run to the sea, crazy people will still drive on the left side of the road, and the Wings will have an extended successful playoff run. Alllllll good.

Great set! Loving #1, 2, 4 and 5 especially.

All will be right in the world again soon. There will be world peace, rivers will run to the sea, crazy people will still drive on the left side of the road, and the Wings will have an extended successful playoff run. Alllllll good.
Ahhhh, thank you! I'm feeling better already, and hoping that will continue with tonight's game at the Joe vs. the Oilers too. :smile:

Nice stuff as always, Steve. I was at this game. The redwings still look pretty good... I'm sure they'll turn it on for the playoffs.

Side note: I'll be photographing some Michigan/BGSU CCHA hockey action this weekend. Are you going to be there at all?
Hey Todd,

I won't be there since I'm on the Wings tonight again, but I'll be there next weekend for the CCHA championships.

Sorry about your Wings, Steve, but the shots are phenomenal :)

Love the photo of Jack besting Abd. Action shots like that are the best.

Your photos of Quick doing the splits are insane too. I'm a goalie and I can't even pretend to do something like that ;)
Yeah I liked those coming out as good as they did. Hopefully we'll hear good news about Max Pacioretty soon too, he's a UofM grad who got wrecked badly, so I'm hoping he can come back from that.

This one's for you from the game here on Dec 10th... The Habs net minder.

BITE YOUR TONGUE!! Who needs to clone it when you can get it all, um, most, er, well some of the time! :wink:

Yes I do, I shoot these on the photo pass I get through Icon SMI. Are you still impressed? :smile:

Me too, yet it still looks good but tighter than originally thought, Vancouver is still the #1 seed and looking like it. At least the long west coast road trips are over now, and more guys coming back from injury, surgery, or whatever, and hopefully shoring up the defense a bit more.
Yes, very impressed. Nice work.

Yeah I liked those coming out as good as they did. Hopefully we'll hear good news about Max Pacioretty soon too, he's a UofM grad who got wrecked badly, so I'm hoping he can come back from that.

This one's for you from the game here on Dec 10th... The Habs net minder.
http://kingstudios.smugmug.com/Sports/2010-2011-NHL-Hockey/2581012100076CanadiensvsRedWin/1122054868_SqTMB-L-1.jpg
Thanks so much! That photo makes my day. I'm a huge Carey fan so any time I see a photo I can't help but smile.

Yeah, terrible news about Patches. Broken vertebrae on the anniversary of the Steve Moore incident no less. It was like a perfect storm of events leading up to the injury. My hopes are definitely with him and his family. Not to mention he was one of the bright stars scoring for us in the recent weeks.

Thanks again! :)