What is your definition of love??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOLady, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Further to a suggestion of Ken in my "love is" thread, what is your definition of love, confined to 35 words or less?? I'll go first (please quote the others and then add yours to the top (along with your name):

Sandi: "Love is carrying her heaviest lens on a hiking trip, never whining or complaining, and watching SILENTLY with admiration while she does what she loves best - photography."

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

My Defintion Of Love

Ken: Feeling solace in their presence, disregarding their faults, placing their needs ahead of yours, feeling unity together, missing them when apart, needing to give and recieve their affection.

Paul: Love is...being best friends after 25 years of marriage, enjoying each others company and sharing our hobbbies and activies - and caring for you in sickness and in health through highs but especially lows too.

Sandi: "Love is carrying her heaviest lens on a hiking trip, never whining or complaining, and watching SILENTLY with admiration while she does what she loves best - photography."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2005
  4. Christian : Love is binding the part of the other in you with the part of you in the other.

Ken: Feeling solace in their presence, disregarding their faults, placing their needs ahead of yours, feeling unity together, missing them when apart, needing to give and recieve their affection.

Paul: Love is...being best friends after 25 years of marriage, enjoying each others company and sharing our hobbbies and activies - and caring for you in sickness and in health through highs but especially lows too.

5. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Christian : Love is binding the part of the other in you with the part of you in the other.

Richard :Love is putting on a clean shirt and not careing that your two year old has chocolate all over herself when she runs to you and throws her arms around you just to tell you that you are her hero.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Leigh: Love is the sparkle of a thousand flawless diamonds in your newborn baby's eyes.

Richard :Love is putting on a clean shirt and not careing that your two year old has chocolate all over herself when she runs to you and throws her arms around you just to tell you that you are her hero.

Christian : Love is binding the part of the other in you with the part of you in the other.

7. Love's Room - An original poem © Gordon Eyre

It was later that it happened,
    when love came into bloom.
    Loneliness had been my province
    and all looked gloom and doom.
    Of a sudden my life was changed
    and things were bright and gay.
    You are unpredictable and fun,
    your sunshines brightest ray.
    As each day passes
    and the next looms into view,
    I cherish our time together
    and hope that you do too.
    It was later that it happened,
    when love came into bloom.
    And now my life's complete
    for your love has filled my room.

8. I am proud to stand on the shoulders of giants;
    Vernon T

However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship.
    Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Love is the joy of the good, the wonder of the wise, the amazement of the Gods.
    Plato

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
    Robert Frost

My father was a man of love. He always loved me to death. He worked hard in the fields, but my father never hit me. Never. I don't ever remember a really cross, unkind word from my father.
    Johnny Cash

There is no disguise that can for long conceal love where it exists or simulate it where it does not.
    Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Love has features which pierce all hearts, he wears a bandage which conceals the faults of those beloved. He has wings, he comes quickly and flies away the same.
    Voltaire

Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it.
    Benjamin Franklin

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs.
    William Shakespeare

Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents never revenges itself.
    Mohandas Gandhi

Love is a better teacher than duty.
    Albert Einstein

I don't think when I make love.
    Brigitte Bardot

The things that we love tell us what we are.
    Saint Thomas Aquinas

The best way to know God is to love many things.
    Vincent Van Gogh

I see when men love women. They give them but a little of their lives. But women when they love give everything.
    Oscar Wilde

Love is the beauty of the soul.
    Saint Augustine

And of course:

Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go it's one of the best.
    Woody Allen

9. Vernon, you used more than 35 words.... I thank you for that, they're beautiful words!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2005
  10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. Letting me buy six lenses, tripod, monopod, bags and software since June of this year, and never saying a word about cost. Yesterday I said " I think I have everything I want and it's all paid for", her answer: "Oh good, I want to have my teeth whitened, I'll schedule the dentist. She put my wants before hers.

At age 24 I was a confirmed bachelor, having too much fun. I met Nancy, dropped the three other girls I was dating, got engaged in 30 days, married in one year, had our first child 12 months later.
    Married 25 years and still in love.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2005
  12. So we seem to have a forum full of sentimental ol' slobs, I love that!!! We get so technical in our camera world. Details, techniques, etc. Sometimes helps to stop and 'sniff the flowers' that fill our lives with joy. Some beautiful words in here, truly beautiful. And sounds like some pretty terrific spouses - better keep 'em!

13. I'm chronically in trouble with my office staff(staph?) because my inability to keep my discussions with patients short. Linguistic and social intercourse is one of life's joys(in contradistinction to Woody Allen's observation above).

Also, I'm not very good at following directions, worse at observing rules and although I hope I choose my words cautiously I rarely do so sparingly.

Good day.

VT

14. 1 Corinthians 13

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    LOve is !!!!!

To wake up..And most of all...Nikon cafe folks

16. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    I submit the following in the certain knowledge that at least one of you has been in the same situation. :biggrin:
    Somebody had to lower the tone, might as well be hung for a wolf as a lamb!

The wonderful love of a beautiful maid, the love of a staunch true man,
    And the love of a baby, have existed since life began.
    But the greatest love-the love of loves- even greater than that of a mother,
    Is the tender, passionate, infinite love, of one drunken bum for another. :smile: :smile: :smile:

I'll get my coat. :redface:

17. *LMAO* Rob, that's just terrific!!! And yes, living here in the big city, I see that kind of love all the time - propping each other up and sharing whatever they have left in the bottle in the bag!!

You didn't lower the tone, you just shifted the direction!!! :wink: