What is your favorite online printing service.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pbenedic, Mar 15, 2005.

1. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    and why.
    This may have been asked before, but I didn't hit much here.
    I've used shutterfly and the snapshot (4x6) prints look good.
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of printing using this method (laser projection, I believe).
    Is there some good source that gives a comprehensive overview of this topic?
    I still like to print 4x6 of all my family shots and put them in albums, and occasionally print up to 20x30.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    http://www.elcocolor.com/hot_internet_only_specials.htm

I use El Co color labs for big prints. They are awesome. I have 30x40 print in my office printed on fuji photo paper that is just magnificent.

Not too sure about 4x6's though. I usually use Sams club or walmart but I'm not selling those. They are really cheap and great to give to people who are not digital friendly.

THanks,

3. Please see my post "Prints From WHCC" in this forum. It is still on the first page towards the bottom. I have tried to spell out why I like WHCC better than many other on line and local printers.

4. I print some stuff at home but also like WHCC a very first rate service

5. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    WHCC - not only do they do quality work, but the people are extremely nice to deal with - someitmes an oddity in this world

6. Costco!

Yes Costco! Uses Noritso printers, if you ask for the Drycreek profile, it will look great! they use the same Fuji paper. up to 18x12 inch. No here is the catch it is unbelivably cheap! a 4x6 is only 19 cents US! a 8x12 is $1.99, and a 12x18 is $2.99

Looks awesome most of the time

7. I got my copy of PCPhoto (*promo) and found www.mpix.com ad. Did anyone used them for prints ?

Just curious.

8. I use Sam's Club or Wal-mart for the 4x6 to 8x10 prints. Good quality, very low cost and done in an hour. They us the Fuji Frontier printer on Crystal Archive Paper.
    For larger prints I have used EZPrints at www.ezprints.com and am very satisfied with their 16x20 and 20x30 prints. Again they are on Fuji Crystal Archive Paper. Choose Glossy, Matte or Lustre finish.
    Bob

9. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    I once used places like the local pharmacy and Sam's Club, and I still do when it really doesn't matter much if the color is right on target all the time. I use White House Custom Color (WHCC) when it does matter and that 's most of the time.
    If I had a Costco locally I'd give them a try.
    I don't see how whcc nails it time after time after time with no deviation in quality. I uploaded 58 4x6's Monday night for a proof book and UPS brought it to the door this morning. Have a problem or a question, just call'em.. they're about the nicest bunch of people in the business, and guess what!... they all know what they're doing!
    Wow, what a business concept! :)
    Jarrell