What left of the roses

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Pictures taken with 200 micro-nikkor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    nice shots to bad you missed the spider on the 1st one.. also looks like a sensor cleaning is due...

Tim

3. Gilles,
    These are both slightly OOF as far as I can tell. I use that lens too and it is AWESOME! when did you get it? Definately need to clean the ccd on your camera as Tim said. If you need any help on how too, just hollar.
    Dave

4. Thank you Tim and Dave, I have noticed that I have some dust on the sensor, the day I took the photos was very windy, they are not as sharp as I would like. Dave I have the 200 since 2 months, it took me 1 month to get the lenshood for it. I would appreciate having some advice how to clean the sensor, i have read in the D2X guide that you need an AC connection in order to do that.

5. Gilles,
    I have the AC adapter and a CCD cleaning kit. If you have the cleaning materials I can mail you the AC adaptor to use so you will not have to purchase it just yet. If you do not have that cleaning kit then we can work it out another way.
    Dave

6. Dave I will wait after the holidays to order an AC adaptor and a SB-800 flash. What cleaning kit work the best and is safe to use?

7. cleaning kit

I can not assure you this is the best, but it is quite easy to use and VERY effective. I perform this when ever needed and test for need by shooting clear blue sky at f22 and displaying shot on my monitor before and after cleaning. I use copperhill products avail at http://copperhillimages.com/
    Dave