What Lens Is Perfect For Me Now?

I have the 17-200VR lens for my D200 and an 18-70mm lens that I never use. What would be the perfect walk-around-the-city-at-midnight lens to shoot street stuff and night stuff? A prime lens? As usual, thanks you cafe experts!

L

lovep1

How about just buying a nice tripod for your night shots? You don't neccessarily need a new lens...

Now, if you are planning on shooting handheld most of the time you might try a couple of nice primes--Sigma 30 f1.4 and 85 f1.4.

Pat

what about an under apreciated sigma 28 1.8? very affordable and I havent heard a single bad word about it. its going to be my very next lens purchase.

N

Nuteshack

what about an under apreciated sigma 28 1.8? very affordable and I havent heard a single bad word about it. its going to be my very next lens purchase.

and it's cheap too...keep us posted, please
:biggrin:

If I were to be given a chance to choose from the 35 F2, 50 F1.4 and 85 F1.4...My 1st choice will be the 85 second will be the 50 and last will be the 35.

On the side note...I don't own any of those and never even hold and tried them.

But just by looking at what those different lenses can do here at nikoncafe I know the 85 will be the perfect lens for me for my potrait use.

Now if only I can find some cash lying around........:biggrin:

I just started to shoot a Blues band a friend of mine plays in and experienced that my 1.8/50 is too long sonetimes (well, there are not THAT many people at their shows yet and there's plenty of space in front of the stage). Also for streets at night it's a little bit too long.
That's why I also thought about the 30/1.4, but also about Sigma's 1.8 prime range (20, 24 and 28mm). Sinve the 1.4/28 Nikkor is waaayyy out of my range I would appreciate any experiences with this lenses.
Andreas

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom