1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What lenses are you bringing to this year's Photowalk?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by dengar, Sep 19, 2011.

1. In case you don't know:

http://worldwidephotowalk.com/

I want to go light so Im leaning toward just the 17-50 OS but part of me wants to bring the 80-200 or 85mm for street portraits. What are you all bringing?

2. mematsu

mematsu

May 2, 2007
    los angeles
    I'm going to try it with my 8mm.

How are you liking the 17-50?

3. Its literally the sharpest lens I have ever seen, not counting macro lenses of course.

4. I was thinking of a similar lens...Sigma 18-50 os for its weight and flexibility and its the widest lens that I have.

5. Gordo

Gordo

Feb 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Probably just the Ai-S 50/1.8 and 135/2.8 lenses I'm using for Octoberfest... I may bring the CV 20/3.5 for a wide perspective. Maybe.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. fwellers

fwellers

Feb 11, 2009
    Northern VA
    I'm probably going to just bring the 24-70mm.

7. I just signed up for the photowalk out here in riverside. This is going to be my first photowalk experience, so hopefully it'll be a fun one.

As far as lenses go, I'm bringing my 14-24, 35, 50, and 60.

8. 200/2

Need to find a walk first.

9. Thanks for the link, had no idea about this. I joined a walk by me.

I'm going to take my D700 w/ 28-105mm.

10. D700 and my 24-70 - didn't see Frisco on the map this time! :( 

11. What is the walk all about?

Thanks,

Mike

12. It's where photographers all over the world get together in groups and go out shooting together. It's a ton of fun! It was started by Scott Kelby and he had the idea of 1 lens on the camera and go out, get creative, and have fun. I've been on the one in downtown Dallas and 2 up in Frisco, TX. Always fun and afterwards we'd meet at a nice restaurant to share photos and conversation. I've had lots of opportunities to learn how to do something I haven't done before and even had 1 of my photos published! I'm sure there will be others that can contribute to your question too, but one thing for sure - these walks are FUN!!!!!

13. iandroo888

iandroo888

Oct 15, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    oh shoot forgot about the walk D: hope someone made it this year

14. Thanks for the great rundown, Dianne. Sounds like alot of fun.

If I went, perhaps I would bring my D50 & my new 55-300mm...for some reason they mate up superbly.

Mike

15. just signed up for it in my city - cant want
    I will probably bring tokina 17 + sigma 85 + sigma 300 macro !

I still have to figure out and get something together

16. The walk is tomorrow. I can't wait! I decided on the 17-50 and the 80-200 in my Lowepro Slingshot just in case.

17. I was going to go, but the weather here is crappy and rainy. :( 

18. LittleTino

LittleTino

Dec 21, 2010
    Atlanta
    The sun will have just set for the walk I signed up for so the 24 1.4 and 50 1.2 are my front runners.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.