What mouse are you using?

Right now I have my 15" MBP on a stand on the workstation and use an Apple BT Magic Keyboard and also the Magic Mouse II with it, so don't use the trackpad. With my 12" MacBook, if I'm using it on a table or desk, then I prefer to have the mouse, but sometimes that machine and I do get into situations where there is no other place besides my lap to use the machine, and so I do use the trackpad then. I'm awkward with it though, since I don't use the trackpad enough to remember all the gestures and such.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
For casual or relaxed use a trackpad, trackball, or magic mouse are absolutely fine. But if you are doing fast detailed work there is nothing to beat a good mouse.
Some of you used a mouse many years ago, but since then they have evolved.

My trackball has four buttons, all of which can be custom-programmed, and no wheel. I use only one of the buttons and it's set at its default setting. That's partly because I could never remember the function assigned to each button. It's also partly because I'm so uncoordinated that I can effectively use only one button.
I was a bit apprehensive about using all the features (would I use them or not), or just use it as a normal mouse. I'm looking for excuses to use the features, which helps to remember what does what. It really is a comfortable fun mouse to use. I never thought I would say that about a mouse.

I finally had a chance to edit some photos with the new mouse. It was nice to just be able to click a button and have the picture fit the screen, or zoom with a scroll of the thumbwheel, and a couple other things, vs using shortcuts or "moussing" over to the other side of the screen. It just makes the flow a little easier, which makes a big difference when spending a lot of time on a project.

For those who have the mouse, or similar (Terri and Richard), do you leave the mouse turned on all day, or turn it off when not in immediate use?

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
For those who have the mouse, or similar (Terri and Richard), do you leave the mouse turned on all day, or turn it off when not in immediate use?
I have the Anywhere 3. I turn it off when I go to bed. I don't worry if I forget though. The light on the top goes red when the power remaining drops to 10% so I can't imagine I would ever run out. And in emergency one can even use it when it is recharging. (And I think I read that recharging it for just one minute gives 3 hours use.) A full charge is supposed to run it for about 70 days.
I have been using it on a glass table today and it works perfectly, that too is amazing.

I have the Anywhere 3. I turn it off when I go to bed. I don't worry if I forget though. The light on the top goes red when the power remaining drops to 10% so I can't imagine I would ever run out. And in emergency one can even use it when it is recharging. (And I think I read that recharging it for just one minute gives 3 hours use.) A full charge is supposed to run it for about 70 days.
I have been using it on a glass table today and it works perfectly, that too is amazing.
I don't ever turn mine off. They stay charged for a long time.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom