What Next? (rant)

Nope, you nailed it. Furthermore, if the airlines had just kept their prices $60 higher than they are and never added baggage/snack fees people probably wouldn't be whining - and yet they'd still happily be paying the embedded fees. Obviously I'm assuming that the prices are fairly low - but I believe they are. I just made a 1300 mile (one way) trip that cost $250 round-trip on a major brand airline. With baggage fees it came to $300 plus tax...for that I flew on fairly new decent airplanes with seats I chose, with free drinks and snacks. Sorry but $300 isn't much.

As for the add-on fees through, I believe the biggest reason for them is so the basic advertised prices can be lower. People shopping for price-alone will no doubt be attracted to the lowest price then complain about add-on fees rather than do the math up front.

There are a handful of small airlines truly pouring it on with add-ons but the majority of the major carriers just aren't raking people over the coals.

Are there really that many people who shop by price alone and don't realize that the added fees will make their trip just as or more expensive than tickets offered by other airlines?

I wonder why some airline hasn't come up with an advertising campaign boasting of having no add-on fees like other low budget airlines?

Absolutely amazing how these airline executives will stop at nothing in order to take advantage of a people just to make a few extra dollars! :mad:

Are there really that many people who shop by price alone and don't realize that the added fees will make their trip just as or more expensive than tickets offered by other airlines?

I wonder why some airline hasn't come up with an advertising campaign boasting of having no add-on fees like other low budget airlines?

Our entire retail system has become all about price except for a small portion of the population that cares about service and is willing to pay to get it.

There was an airline that had an add campaign about not having add on fees. It was Southwest, which is a no frills airline that I think now has bag fees.

There was an airline that had an add campaign about not having add on fees. It was Southwest, which is a no frills airline that I think now has bag fees.

Southwest has bag fees for over sized and over weight checked bag but the two checked bags that aren't over size/weight are free.
I heard they're selling Charmin by the sheet, $1 per sheet. The free stuff in the toilets will give you slivers. Be aware, when they're over booked they will sell the seats in the restrooms, if you need to use one and can't talk the person in there into renting their seat to you the flight attendant will bring a porta potty to your seat.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom