What PC case

I'm thinking about building a PC and was looking for some ideas on cases. Looks like the one I see mentioned on here quite a bit is the Corsair Graphite Series 600T. Any others in that price rance or less worth looking at?

Also looking for suggestions on graphics cards. I'm currently using two 22" monitors and plan on adding a 3rd in the future.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
When I most recently chose a case I decided that one of the most important things was quiet. One also needs a quiet power supply etc. I decided that quiet was more important than maximum power.

This was for a modern i7 950 system with 12GB and two 1TB drives, so a reasonably powerful system.

So I chose the Coolermaster Sileo 500. There don't seem to be many products optimised for quiet.

The result is that most of the time I literally cannot hear the computer at all. No clicking, no rushes of air. If I run a test program like prime95 then I can just hear the fan as it runs faster.

I prefer the ATI cards, having had problems with nVidia. This machine has the ATI HD6850. I don't know what you need to run three monitors.

Haf 932

I built a new Sandy Bridge PC and picked up a Cooler Master HAF 932 case. Nice case and easy to work on. Came with 3 x 230 mm fans and 1 x 140 mm fan. It's quiet and cool. Also has external USB 3 ports on the front.

I built a system using the Corsair 600T recently for my daughter. Man was that case easy to work in, cleaned up great too. It isn't silent but with 2 x 200 mm fans, they don't have to spin very fast to push a lot of air and they are barely audible. I liked it so much I am trying to find reasons to change out my perfectly good Antec P182 for the 600T.

I'm a huge case geek! Right now I've got a serious techy crush on the Cubitek Magic Cube, but I also really like some of the more exotic Lian Li and the Thermaltake Level 10 (and the much cheaper Level 10 GT).

I Still Really Like the Antec Solo Case. I am on my third build in the same case and am still very happy with it.

For info on Silent PC Builds check out Silent PC Review they have a lot of information on all components used in quiet computers.

I have a Coolermaster Cosmos and it's absolutely HUGE! If space is a concern, don't buy this! On the flip side, it's roomy inside!

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up going with the Corsair 600T(white Limited Edition). It arrived yesterday and I look forward to building this PC once I get the rest of the stuff I need. Awesome case by the way!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom