1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

What Photo Storage Site do you use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gerald Plowman, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Upon posting images on NC, many are of late having trouble viewing them. Is this a problem with PBase where I store them? Having posted many images stored in the same place at NC with no such problems; it leaves me to believe it isn't me.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    It is the way your posting them.
    I post from pbase all the time and never have any red x

I keep my files small. aboit 100-150 k
    I open the image I want to post

I go to the address bar and right click on the file name and past it in NC

They always show.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    http://www.pbase.com/techwish/image/77404830
    That is what it looks like in the web address bar
    77404830.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here it is pasted to NC

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Maybe you are running out of bandwidth if they allocate you so much?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Has nothing to do with bandwidth
    Has to do with how it is copied and posted

6. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I use Coppermine Photo Gallery running on my own server. Like Gale, I keep my files small and cut and paste the view link from the address bar. Any other way and I was not able to post the images.

7. Thanks to Gale and everyone else. Never had a problem before the last two posts.

copying address bar above the photo doesn't work for me. I have posted the address bar address directly into the NC window and into the image icon; neither works.
    The images above are about 160 kb and 800px by 500px; much smaller than I have posted before although I believe PBase reduces all anyway.
    I display the image. . .right click and hit "copy image location" which is what I have done since day one. Then hit the image icon in NC and paste that location.

8. Pete

Pete

Jun 10, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Mr. Ricco,
    I have basically the same situation. When I view pictures in my gallary, the link in the address block is not usable. If I right click and copy image location, the same result. These are the Javascript links. What I do is right click "view image" and copy the address in the view image address bar. I am using Firefox as a browser and it works in both Linux and Windows, I did not realize that IE did not have "view image". I tried it with Internet Explorer and found that I have to right click the image and go to "properties" the correct link shows up in the properties block. It was all gray but still allowed me to copy and paste. You will know which one is the correct link because it will end with ".jpg". Hope this helps you figure it out.
    Pete

9. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    yes Gale, I am sure your correct.

10. Smugmug. Unlimited storage and pretty much unlimited bandwidth. ~nods~

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.