What Photoshop video-display card do you recommend? PC-XP PCI LSMFT

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by PaulBennett, Aug 24, 2008.

1. PaulBennett

PaulBennett

Apr 28, 2008
    Oregon
    I have a good Radeon AGP card in my Dell 4550 for identical Envision LCD dual monitors. Resulting in one color look up table to serve both monitors. Meanwhile I will calibrate only the primary.

To calibrate both monitors I must add another PCI video card. No games or speed requirements, no extra motherboard busses.

What video-display board are you happy with for Photoshop type work?

Geeks in the computer stores think only in terms of $500 gaming display boards hence have useless recommendations.

2. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I had an ATI Radeon 1300 AGP card in my last system and it handled dual monitors just fine. The current system has a Radeon 1950 PCIE card and it works with dual monitors as well.

Most of the dual-output ATI cards have dual LUTs, have you checked your driver?

HTH,
    Bill

3. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    Interesting question, but Photoshop doesn't care what video card you have. The cheapest one you can find will work just fine. It isn't graphics-intensive like games, so it doesn't matter. If all you do is photoshop, skip the high-end card and put that money into more RAM - it will server you better in the end.

Rumor has it though that CS4 might care.

4. PaulBennett

PaulBennett

Apr 28, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks, found a new driver and everything is great now. Think last time I replaced my hard drive a generic driver got installed. I have now calibrated both monitors independantly with Spyder3 and the existing video card is performing wonderfully, obviating any need for a new card. Life is good.

(tnx for the ram suggestion but my motherboard is maxed already)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.