What Pro Media Gear gimbal works well with Nikon 200-500 and 810/850 with grip?

Discussion in 'Tripods, Ball Heads, and Gimbals' started by GonzoBernelli, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Any guidance or suggestions appreciated. Cost consciousness is a factor.
    TIA

2. I am not familiar with that brand. However, I will say I hate the sidekick style gimbal heads - it is a lot easier to drop the camera/lens when using that style(it happened to me.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Of course Wimberley is the popular brand, but Jobu makes equally fine gimbals. I'm not familiar with other brands.

4. Here is the Jobu page on gimbals. It one time I tried using the Jr. model with a 600 lens but it did not work for me. It was not secure enough. However, others have used that to save weight.

Gimbals

5. Wimberly for life

6. I decided to go with the Wimberley SH-200. The reviews of other gimbals I saw always seemed to have one or two comments directed at rough movements once equipment come under load (mounting lens) - I prefer flawless out of the box and thereafter.

Thanks to all who made suggestions or relayed their experience.
    Nick