What products are you having trouble finding, thanks to the pandemic?

Suddenly in about the last month or so, I've found it very difficult to find Post Grape Nuts cereal at the two large grocery stores near me. Both stores typically sell both the Post brand and their own brand of the cereal but neither store has had either product for awhile. The Post brand that Amazon itself fulfills is out of stock until March 6. I ended up buying 32 pounds of the stuff fulfilled by another company. That was the smallest quantity I found and only 10% higher than the price I normally pay. Some of the other sellers at Amazon are charging twice that price.

I found fresh corn on the cob still in the silk and husk only twice this summer.

Today, for the very first time since the pandemic began, I was able to buy my favorite brand of granulated sugar -- Sugar in the Raw turbinado sugar.

What items are you having difficulty finding now that the pandemic is nearly a year old?

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
32 pounds should last you a long, long time!!!!!

It varies considerable. Sometimes I can't find Rotel tomatoes. Last summer we found supposedly the ONLY set of new front door handles in the style and finish we wanted that was availble in the entire USA. And we had to buy the working side from one company and the dummy side from another company.

Uncle Ben's Converted Rice in 5 lb bags was hard to find for a while, but it seems to be back now.

I've gone to the Kroger brand of grape nuts cereal. And a single box lasts a long time since I'm the only one who eats it.

We have a local farmer in the edge of town that offers fresh sweet corn in season. But this past season he was mobbed and generally sold out by midmorning most days.

Mike, are you finding Basmati rice now?

Tonic water can be spotty. My wife is a big fan of tonic and lime in the afternoon. Every now and then, limes are an issue. Filtered water with lemon and limes in it is my main drink these days.

Real Name
Doug
Uncle Ben's Converted Rice in 5 lb bags was hard to find for a while, but it seems to be back now.

I've gone to the Kroger brand of grape nuts cereal. And a single box lasts a long time since I'm the only one who eats it.

We have a local farmer in the edge of town that offers fresh sweet corn in season. But this past season he was mobbed and generally sold out by midmorning most days.

Mike, are you finding Basmati rice now?
Our local Costco has never run out of rice: long grain ("American rice"), short grain ("Asian rice") or Basmati rice. If you have a Costco membership try there.

Real Name
Andrew
Oddly, the only thing I see still is carbonated beverages. Not all, but the selection is much more limited.

other than that, after the initial run on toilet paper in early 2020, most everything has been normal since may/June 2020 in the consumables department.

We've seen a little sparadic shortage on 1/2 & 1/2. Can find publix brand but occassionaly the will be out of Land O Lakes. Still not able to find some disinfectants like Microban 24.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Oddly, the only thing I see still is carbonated beverages. Not all, but the selection is much more limited.

other than that, after the initial run on toilet paper in early 2020, most everything has been normal since may/June 2020 in the consumables department.
Agreed! Diet cherry coke or pepsi....nada!

Fresh vegetables, cheeses, fresh fruits...
It has a lot to do with both pandemic and UK leaving the EU.
On top of this parcels to and from the EU are not being delivered quickly (if at all - 3 Xmas parcels lost).
In short, got to make do with what is available in the supermarkets on any given day.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Suddenly in about the last month or so, I've found it very difficult to find Post Grape Nuts cereal at the two large grocery stores near me. Both stores typically sell both the Post brand and their own brand of the cereal but neither store has had either product for awhile. ...
You know the weird thing about Grape Nuts? It has no grapes in it, and it has no nuts in it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom