What replacement collar for the 80-400 VR? Need help

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
As we all know as nice as a lens the 80-400 VR is minus the slow AF of course is the terrible shaking Tripodcollar. I'm fed up with this now and would like to buy one that can make this lens worthwhile on a tripod. So I have three options as I see it:

1. Buy the Kirk replacement collar
2. Buy the Really Right Stuff replacement collar
3. Ask for help in Europe to get the fabled Burzinsky (correct spelling?)replacement collar. Bjorn Rorslett likes them (www.naturfotograf.com)

The are not far from each other really in price so it is a feature for feature comparison thats important to me

My criterias
1. No more vibrations on a trpiod with the D2H (and coming D2X)
2. Easy to take off and on
3. Would like the lens to be usable handheld while the tripod collar is on. the origional one can swing away so one can focus pretty much normally, and not have the hand trapped by the collar fot.

Any advice?

thanks

andreas

andreasb said:
As we all know as nice as a lens the 80-400 VR is minus the slow AF of course is the terrible shaking Tripodcollar. I'm fed up with this now and would like to buy one that can make this lens worthwhile on a tripod. So I have three options as I see it:

1. Buy the Kirk replacement collar
2. Buy the Really Right Stuff replacement collar
3. Ask for help in Europe to get the fabled Burzinsky (correct spelling?)replacement collar. Bjorn Rorslett likes them (www.naturfotograf.com)

The are not far from each other really in price so it is a feature for feature comparison thats important to me

My criterias
1. No more vibrations on a trpiod with the D2H (and coming D2X)
2. Easy to take off and on
3. Would like the lens to be usable handheld while the tripod collar is on. the origional one can swing away so one can focus pretty much normally, and not have the hand trapped by the collar fot.

Any advice?

thanks

andreas

Can't go wrong with this one ...

http://www.kirkphoto.com/lenscollars.html

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom