What resolution for printing big prints?

I'm planning on printing some 20x30 poster prints. What resolution should I uprez to?

Thanks.

Real Name
John
Most printers will increase the resolution for you. 20x30 @ 300DPI should be perfect if needed.

I printed out a 20x30 from my D70s and came out perfect.

It would be helpful to know if you're doing it yourself and if so, what printer. If your having it done by a lab, find out what they want/can handle.

I'm getting it done by a lab. But I'm uploading it remotely. Their site gives me a resolution warning. So i'm asking what resolution (in terms of pixels) I should uprez to prior to uploading. Thanks again.

I have a d80 and have done a couple 12 x 18. I just upload a maximum picture to Costco and it has worked good. I have thought about doing larger but havent gotten a picture I felt worthy. Interested in what is posted here.

I'm about thinking on sending in to MPIX for prints and would like to know what file size to send. I'd hate to send several 50+ meg tiff files which would take a long time. Thier web says any size tiff. So I down size them to a smaller file size and they will up-size them for whatever print size I want?

MikeT

Latest threads

Top Bottom