What settings to export lightroom photos, frustrated and need some guidance!!

Hey guys/gals. Im trying to print some photos for a friend of mine for his house. Im going to use costco as ive seen others with pretty good quality and reasonable price. Here is my dilemma......

Costco Canada only allows a maximum upload size of 8mb

So i want to print a 24X36 canvas print....

1. i export it from lightroom at 100 quality and no re-sizing and the photo is 8.2MB so I cant upload it

2. I export it at 90 quality and no re-sizing and photo is 4.6MB so I can upload

3. I export it at 100 quality and re-size to 24x36 since that will be the canvas print and the file is 24MB!!! So i cant upload

So all i can upload is a 4.6MB photo at 90 quality and I dont feel confident that it will print out nice on a canvas at 24x36 when another file can be exported at 24MB! I would assume the 24MB would be better quality print??

I have never printed anything large and im just confused:Angry:

Any help?

Thanks!

Greg

Greg - I'm no expert, but here is what I would try:

When you set up the export, look in the "file settings" section, just above the "Image Sizing" section. In file settings, there is an option where you can check a box to limit the size of the file, and set the largest size you want the file to be. If you set that to to your 8GB limit, and your other sizing options as you need, it should give you the highest quality it can at that limit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Greg - I'm no expert, but here is what I would try:

When you set up the export, look in the "file settings" section, just above the "Image Sizing" section. In file settings, there is an option where you can check a box to limit the size of the file, and set the largest size you want the file to be. If you set that to to your 8GB limit, and your other sizing options as you need, it should give you the highest quality it can at that limit.
Thanks for suggestion Fred! I would think that would work as well. I limit the file size to 8MB and export and then the exported jpg is 5.2MB!! I dont know why i specify a max file size yet the file is several MB smaller than what I wanted!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom