What Should I Sell?

Real Name
Don Roy
I got the free FTZ adapter, but to me it's a PITA to use, especially since I can't put it on with my tripod mount on the body. Though nice to have, and I have used it for borrowed lenses, I'm not spending a dime on anything needing the FTZ. My approach is also to buy Z mm's I don't have vs faster versions of mm's I do have.

I got the free FTZ adapter, but to me it's a PITA to use, especially since I can't put it on with my tripod mount on the body. Though nice to have, and I have used it for borrowed lenses, I'm not spending a dime on anything needing the FTZ. My approach is also to buy Z mm's I don't have vs faster versions of mm's I do have.
I have NO trouble mounting my FTZ equipped Z6 on a tripod. I use a SmallRig L-plate (https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-l-bracket-for-nikon-z6-and-nikon-z7-camera-2258.html) which has a slightly thicker(higher) base to make this work. Great stuff and affordable -$69)

Real Name
Don Roy
Real Name
Andy
As @BillM states, buying a used 85mm f/1.8G allows you to keep what you have for the same amount out of pocket as selling a 35 to partially finance the native Z version. I’ve been using the 85mm f/1.8G with the FTZ and reading the glowing reviews of its mirrorless successor. While I definitely want the update, I can wait for it to hit the used market.

Real Name
Dallas Pottinger
I do SO agree @ the adapter. Makes a mockery of quick-release tripod attachments. However, I did buy a used 300mm f since we don't have a native Z lens in that ballpark yet (that I know of), and my rather nice, late and lamented Tamron zoom didn't mate with the Z.

I hear ya'....but man....
The Sigma 40mm definitely hits a sweet spot of focal lengths for me....

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom