What size photos to submit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carole, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    Well, after all the b/s with the wedding, I got a response from a local whale watch company. They want to see some of my photos for possible inclusion in their brochure. I got a number of shots with their boat in :smile: So what size/resolution do I send so that it's big enough for them to evaluate, but small enough so they can't use it without paying me $$ ? I've never submitted photos before so I need some help on this one.

Thanks,
    Carole

2. I don't know about a whaling company but when I used to send photos to illustrate my magazine articles, they always wanted 8 by 10 glossies. It doesn't matter what the size is, though, they can't use them without your permission. Make sure when you send them, you include a price so there's no misunderstanding.

Bruce

3. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    They want me to email them...they don't want prints. Since I've never had anyone interested in my photos before, I don't even know how much to charge. Any ideas? They'd probably be using them in their brochure and on their website, and possibly they might have prints made for their office. I do want more than a photo credit, and would even consider a few trips on their boat in exchange for the use of the photos for a year...to be renewed :) 

Carole

4. Carole,
    Send them 800x532 px at 300dpi. Send them good images, watermark them and state that they are proofs only and that the "digital" image use is base on licensing agreements (which you could state whatever you wanted in exchange for the license to use them for a SET period of time. Let them know up from the conditions.

Good luck

5. What IAH-DF said.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.